• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Great second half for us. Scousers didn't offer much in response tho, in all fairness.

Been a good weekend of results for the Arse too. We're almost back in the title shake up now.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, got nothing. Arsenal did not deserve to win that. A draw would have been a very fair result imo. Liverpool went so hard in the first half, and with only one goal to show, it was always going to be about containment, just like against United. Not to be however.

We really didn't do much wrong. Finishing could be better, but all in all, if we play like that most weeks, we'll win games. :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd point out that they didn't do much right either. Well earnt win for Arsenal that. Both teams showcased why winning anything is potentially a long shot for either of them though, both teams gave the ball away an awful lot very easily, and a better team (Chelsea) would have probably made that count for something. That said, I'm thrilled to have won that one. Arshavin WAG, can't wait to hear what Glen Johnson's pass completion rate was either.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, got nothing. Arsenal did not deserve to win that. A draw would have been a very fair result imo. Liverpool went so hard in the first half, and with only one goal to show, it was always going to be about containment, just like against United. Not to be however.

We really didn't do much wrong. Finishing could be better, but all in all, if we play like that most weeks, we'll win games. :)
They took the chances that came their way and kept the opposition at bay, if you do that you deserve to win.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If your first XI includes Kuyt then yes your finishing can always be better.

Liverpool only scored in the first place because the CDMs' keeper is a clown.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
They took the chances that came their way and kept the opposition at bay, if you do that you deserve to win.
Haha, what? Arshavin was brilliant, you'd be foolish to say otherwise, but then there was the own goal, which is not "a chance that came their way". And then what? They had no other real attempts on goal.

Liverpool had several efforts in the first half that could have, even should have resulted in a goal. They failed to do so, and didn't deserve to win. But to say Arsenal deserved to win is rich imo.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd point out that they didn't do much right either. Well earnt win for Arsenal that. Both teams showcased why winning anything is potentially a long shot for either of them though, both teams gave the ball away an awful lot very easily, and a better team (Chelsea) would have probably made that count for something. That said, I'm thrilled to have won that one. Arshavin WAG, can't wait to hear what Glen Johnson's pass completion rate was either.
:laugh:

Goal & an assist today tbf. For us, like, but baby steps.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, what? Arshavin was brilliant, you'd be foolish to say otherwise, but then there was the own goal, which is not "a chance that came their way". And then what? They had no other real attempts on goal.

Liverpool had several efforts in the first half that could have, even should have resulted in a goal. They failed to do so, and didn't deserve to win. But to say Arsenal deserved to win is rich imo.
I didn't suggest Arshavin wasn't brilliant, and the own goal was obviously a chance that came their way. The fact that they had no other chances means nothing, one taken opportunity is better than countless wasted ones. But hey, you make your own luck, to begrudge Arsenal the win is doing them a disservice imo.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I didn't suggest Arshavin wasn't brilliant, and the own goal was obviously a chance that came their way. The fact that they had no other chances means nothing, one taken opportunity is better than countless wasted ones. But hey, you make your own luck, to begrudge Arsenal the win is doing them a disservice imo.
Deadset, will get Partyupsh in here to carve you a new one.

You're on watch Pearce.