• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Flem274*

123/5
Well Canterbury was just bowled out for 160 odd and Harris made 5 I think, not good enough imo. Back to back 100's is the only way to make this current NZ team and only one batsmen has done that this season.

Brooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.
Ahem

Howsie

International Captain
I'll post seriously for a minute. There's a fe changes I'd make for that team, but I have no idea who should bat three. The candidates are either experienced but average 35-37, have big averages but few games or few games and smaller averages.
Do tell :)

Meridio

International Regular
Went down to the Basin after work today to watch the final session. When I left, we were about 80/4, a crap position, but one you can recover from. When I arrived, we were 95/7. Was tempted to charge into the dressing room and assault our useless ****ing batsmen, but managed to restrain myself. Had to be content with sitting in the stand sulking and looking surly instead.

Was really impressed with O'Brien's spell though.

Flem274*

123/5
- Ryder should hopefully be back
- McIntosh will be dropped for one of either Brodie or Watling, 99% sure it will be Watling
- Elliott's posistion will most likely go to Broom with Ryder being the 5th bowler

1.Guptill
2.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.Broom
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Bond
10.O'Brien
11.Martin
Just clicked this is a team for Bangladesh/Aussie. I wouldnt be dropping Tuffey definitively. Whoever takes the least wickets out of the current seamers until Bond returns loses (probably loses for a whole two matches before Bonds next injury). Thats a fair deal
imo. Broom will get a go but can see Franklin getting a deserved chance. Unsure whether he'll make the most if it but I think he'll get it. I'll had that Elliott has batted with better technique and intent than his fellows today who all failed with him. He's one to keep in mind.

Watling is the likely next in line though if Cumming has that LBW flaw sorted (or Pinga ets picked :p) then he's probably a safer option. I don't expect instant or consistent success from Watling when he inevitably is picked.

Number three beats me. Who wants a crack? Paper rock sissors (sic) imo.

Howsie

International Captain
Broom really doesn't have many fans on CW does he, which is probably reasonable given his ODI career. I've seen quite a lot of him over the past year or so and I know what he's capable of as do many current BC as they rated him before his debut the best batsmen not have played for New Zealand. The Aussie's rated him highly in the Emerging Players tournament in 2008 also, higher then Guptill, Ryder, Franklin and co.

He deserves more of a chance then 15 or so games batting at 6-7 in one day cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Broom really doesn't have many fans on CW does he, which is probably reasonable given his ODI career. I've seen quite a lot of him over the past year or so and I know what he's capable of as do many current BC as they rated him before his debut the best batsmen not have played for New Zealand. The Aussie's rated him highly in the Emerging Players tournament in 2008 also, higher then Guptill, Ryder, Franklin and co.

He deserves more of a chance then 15 or so games batting at 6-7 in one day cricket.
Definitely deserves his chance. I'm just not confident he'll take it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Wow Aamir hit 150 today. I rember Akhtar once mentioning that he was always quick but only started hitting 150's one he hit his 20's.

So either Aamir is lying about his age or he is just a freak.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Wow Aamir hit 150 today. I rember Akhtar once mentioning that he was always quick but only started hitting 150's one he hit his 20's.

Going by the interview I read on PakPassion, Aamir is currently 18/19 years of age. The interview conducted earlier this year refers to him as "barely 18" and states he toured England to play their U19 side when he was 16 but if you take his Cricinfo ago (17), those dates mathematically don't add up.

Mohammad Aamer - Pakpassion.net - The Home of Pakistan Cricket

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah and it's stupid not picking Mathew Sinclair. Only Ross Taylor averages better than Mat the Bat.

Easily one of the 6 best in the country.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Going by the interview I read on PakPassion, Aamir is currently 18/19 years of age. The interview conducted earlier this year refers to him as "barely 18" and states he toured England to play their U19 side when he was 16 but if you take his Cricinfo ago (17), those dates mathematically don't add up.

Mohammad Aamer - Pakpassion.net - The Home of Pakistan Cricket
Yeah things are quite sketchy.TBF to him he does look like his listed age from his looks and built but bowling at 150 when you are 17 is just not on no matter how talented you are. Remember watching bits od U-19 WC last year and barely anyone was registering 130+.

Polo23

International Debutant
God Fulton is dire...who misses a straight half volley? Same could be said for Flynn I suppose too, but at least the Flynn delivery swung a bit.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

I could care less right now what his age is tbh. I just love him love him love him!! Aamir/Asif/Gul could potentially be the most dangerous attack in the world. Can't wait to see how they go against Oz. I imagine we'll struggle to post 150 with this batting line up most days but it should be fun to see how our bowlers bowl to the Aussies.

And as much as I'm still angry at Asif, how well did he bowl!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
I could care less right now what his age is tbh. I just love him love him love him!! Aamir/Asif/Gul could potentially be the most dangerous attack in the world. Can't wait to see how they go against Oz. I imagine we'll struggle to post 150 with this batting line up most days but it should be fun to see how our bowlers bowl to the Aussies.

His usual stuff keeping in the off stump channels a few nipping in few nipping out. Just another boring 9-5 day for him.

No way back for New Zealand from this unless Pakistan collapse with a lead of about 300 and New Zealand bat spectacularly. But atm, Pakistan are well and truly in front.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

That is just about right.................. :)

Hate Butt for that stupid drop..it would have been 5 for Asif....... i am counting his wickets... He is into his 13th test, and at 63 wickets already...... his average just dropped below 22 after his 1st innings performance.....

Mind you, if it hadn't been for the 4 dropped catches by Fart (Farhat...i hate him)........the first test could have been different.....NZ batting very much vulnerable currently...

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sinclair - I know you have all seen these numbers but just for dramatic effect:
His Last appearances for New Zealand were:

Bangladesh
29 & 47
England

The reason I am against his selection isn't the runs against England so much. It is from watching live his 47 against Bangladesh. He got dropped, a dolly in the slips, when he was on like 25 and didn't look confident during his whole inning. He didn't move his feet with confidence and didn't play any shots defensive or attacking with authority or strong confidence. I concluded after watching his 47 that he wasn't up to play at international level. Maybe he just doesn't believe in himself at that level.

I realise that things are pretty grim at the moment. But can't we try Broom first before pressing the Sinclair recall button.

Flem274*

123/5

Bangladesh
29 & 47
England

The reason I am against his selection isn't the runs against England so much. It is from watching live his 47 against Bangladesh. He got dropped, a dolly in the slips, when he was on like 25 and didn't look confident during his whole inning. He didn't move his feet with confidence and didn't play any shots defensive or attacking with authority or strong confidence. I concluded after watching his 47 that he wasn't up to play at international level. Maybe he just doesn't believe in himself at that level.

I realise that things are pretty grim at the moment. But can't we try Broom first before pressing the Sinclair recall button.
But...but...

Sinclair. Sinclair.

Sinclair.

Flem274*

123/5

Bangladesh
29 & 47
England

Yeah its really not ideal I know. When he believes in himself we've all seen what he can do but I'm not sure its likely to pan out that way.

I have no idea who we should pick for number three tbh, as I said before imo there's no definitive correct option.

I just like being a CD fanboy. :p