• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Our batting is weak.

Don't mind giving Broom a run. Maybe he is just a crappy ODI player.
Williamson isn't ready. I vote against Sinclair he has had enough chances.

Lets hope we score 400 in the second inning making this conversation academic.
Sinclair is probably preferable to Fulton, and since its in Napier Skippy could actually score runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sinclair is probably preferable to Fulton, and since its in Napier Skippy could actually score runs.
Probably makes sense to give Sinclair another run at the moment with so many of the top order seemingly below par at test level. Despite what's been said of him in the past, he wasn't a totally disaster of a test batsman despite his inconsistency and probably has a better setup for test cricket than most of the others.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Awesome last spell by O'Brilliant.

Horrible day for NZ though. At least there was some good fun to be had on the embankment.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome last spell by O'Brilliant.

Horrible day for NZ though. At least there was some good fun to be had on the embankment.
Yup, O'Brien's pace was impressive, some of the bouncers were going through in the mid- 140's. Can't remember him consistently bowling the quickly before.

Flem274*

123/5
Yup, O'Brien's pace was impressive, some of the bouncers were going through in the mid- 140's. Can't remember him consistently bowling the quickly before.
He's done it before I'm sure of it. Against the WI irrc.

Last test he had some pretty fiery overs too.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha yip, we're well & truly at that stage :happy:
I love how everyone was like "no Sinclairs gone, I'll never even raise his name seriously in discussion for NZ again." for a couple of years as he thrashed every domestic bowler around.

Then today happened. Its glorious. :D

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I love how everyone was like "no Sinclairs gone, I'll never even raise his name seriously in discussion for NZ again." for a couple of years as he thrashed every domestic bowler around.

Then today happened. Its glorious. :D
Hahaha I know, so so gun.

Howsie

International Captain
Can somebody please tell me why selecting Matthew Sinclair is so popular around here, how's he going to improve this team "now" and in the future?

Anyway I've given it some thought and the only change I actually see happening for the third test will be Broom in for one of Fulton or Elliott. After that third test though I'd expect to see a few more changes when Bangladesh get here

- Ryder should hopefully be back
- McIntosh will be dropped for one of either Brodie or Watling, 99% sure it will be Watling
- Elliott's posistion will most likely go to Broom with Ryder being the 5th bowler

1.Guptill
2.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.Broom
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Bond
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

I really have no idea who'll replace Flynn (he'll most likely be dropped). Do we go back to Sinclair for a year until someone else is ready, or do we play someone with a future? It's a shame Myburgh hasn't qualified yet to play for New Zealand. Merchant perhaps, he's a bloody good batsmen but he's probably a fair way away from test standard (yea I know, who is).

Rather then name someone I'll leave it up for debate and let you guys pick holes at the rest of my team.

Flem274*

123/5

Forgetting this man Howsie. :p

Sinclair mainly gets love because of his blog and you hate him so me and PEWS and co. mention him more. :p

You also forgot

James

Cricket Web Owner
Probably makes sense to give Sinclair another run at the moment with so many of the top order seemingly below par at test level. Despite what's been said of him in the past, he wasn't a totally disaster of a test batsman despite his inconsistency and probably has a better setup for test cricket than most of the others.
Definitely deserves another chance given his form the past 18 months in first-class cricket. Nothing sort of amazing really.

Test cricket is all about the here and now, nothing to do with the future IMO. Heck, I'd pick Chris Harris tomorrow if he was scoring hundred after hundred.

Flem274*

123/5
Definitely deserves another chance given his form the past 18 months in first-class cricket. Nothing sort of amazing really.

Test cricket is all about the here and now, nothing to do with the future IMO. Heck, I'd pick Chris Harris tomorrow if he was scoring hundred after hundred.
He is.

lets pick him

Howsie

International Captain
Well Canterbury was just bowled out for 160 odd and Harris made 5 I think, not good enough imo. Back to back 100's is the only way to make this current NZ team and only one batsmen has done that this season.

Brooooommmmmmmmmmmmm.

Flem274*

123/5
Can somebody please tell me why selecting Matthew Sinclair is so popular around here, how's he going to improve this team "now" and in the future?

Anyway I've given it some thought and the only change I actually see happening for the third test will be Broom in for one of Fulton or Elliott. After that third test though I'd expect to see a few more changes when Bangladesh get here

- Ryder should hopefully be back
- McIntosh will be dropped for one of either Brodie or Watling, 99% sure it will be Watling
- Elliott's posistion will most likely go to Broom with Ryder being the 5th bowler

1.Guptill
2.Watling
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.Broom
7.McCullum
8.Vettori
9.Bond
10.O'Brien
11.Martin

I really have no idea who'll replace Flynn (he'll most likely be dropped). Do we go back to Sinclair for a year until someone else is ready, or do we play someone with a future? It's a shame Myburgh hasn't qualified yet to play for New Zealand. Merchant perhaps, he's a bloody good batsmen but he's probably a fair way away from test standard (yea I know, who is).

Rather then name someone I'll leave it up for debate and let you guys pick holes at the rest of my team.
I'll post seriously for a minute. There's a fe changes I'd make for that team, but I have no idea who should bat three. The candidates are either experienced but average 35-37, have big averages but few games or few games and smaller averages.