• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best batsman and bowler of the 1990s

And btw Ikki if you are talking just about the 90s, then in Australia against McGrath and Warne :

Tendulkar scored 229 runs @ 57.25
Lara scored 296 runs @ 32.88

Please defend that.

bagapath

International Captain
For me, Lara was better against the Aussies and both were just as bad as each other against S.Africa.
for me both were terrific against the aussies and mediocre against SA. as always, it is impossible to split them purely on numbers.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
And btw Ikki if you are talking just about the 90s, then in Australia against McGrath and Warne :

Tendulkar scored 229 runs @ 57.25
Lara scored 296 runs @ 32.88

Please defend that.
He averages 46 btw not 53 - another lie.
Against McGrath in Australia (OVERALL)

Tendulkar averages 46.33
Lara averages 37.14

What do you say Ikki ?
Your stats are wrong, Precamb. Look at you desperately trying to split it home and away. There's just one problem; the WIndies pitches were better for fast bowling. Lara averages 60+ there.

for me both were terrific against the aussies and mediocre against SA. as always, it is impossible to split them purely on numbers.
True, but Lara faced the best of Australia's bowlers much more often than Tendulkar, so for that his record against Australia is simply better.

Last edited:
Overall that is taking into account their whole careers.

Against McGrath in Australia

Tendulkar averages 46.33
Lara averages 37.14

Don't resort to stupid name calling when you are losing.

:laugh: I didn't change anything, I just added more. Desperate stuff here Precamb.
So would can you tell me why Lara averages a full 9 points less than Sachin against McGrath in his backyard ?

And for God's sake I have no idea who u guys are talking about.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We're talking about the 90s, can you read the thread title? You called me a liar, and completely forget the context of the statement.

Overall, Lara averages 46+ against McGrath. Tendulkar 36+. Yeh, you're still outta luck.

Overall that is taking into account their whole careers.

Against McGrath in Australia

Tendulkar averages 46.33
Lara averages 37.14

Don't resort to stupid name calling when you are losing.
Haha, so if we're playing that game;

at home against Aus:

Lara averages 61.05
Tendulkar averages 32.00

Which is compounded by the fact that the pitches were much flatter in India and much tougher in WIndies for McGrath.

Good try, Precamb.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
True, but Lara faced the best of Australia's bowlers much more often than Tendulkar, so for that his record against Australia is simply better.
I dont agree but wont want to get into an argument with you on that. I know you wont agree if I apply the same yardstick and claim Sachin is better against SA. So lets leave it at that.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I dont agree but wont want to get into an argument with you on that. I know you wont agree if I apply the same yardstick and claim Sachin is better against SA. So lets leave it at that.
Seeing as Lara played Donald/Pollock as much as Tendulkar that yardstick wouldn't hold mate.