• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a bit of a shame the whole thing ended up being won by a MOTM performance from Brett Lee (and him also being MOTS). It would have been more fun if it wasn't one of the top internationals, even just one of the younger or less established would have been good.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ha..brave phukkin bowling from Hauritz to get Pollard damnnn.

Was not a fan of this tournament before it started, but i guess cricket can tolerate it. I think they should expand it to 16 teams, the 2 finalist in each of top 8s T20 domestic competitions. But ICC still needs to work out easing the amount of cricket worldwide, since player burnout is serious problem these days.

AaronK

State Regular
Ha..brave phukkin bowling from Hauritz to get Pollard damnnn.

Was not a fan of this tournament before it started, but i guess cricket can tolerate it. I think they should expand it to 16 teams, the 2 finalist in each of top 8s T20 domestic competitions. But ICC still needs to work out easing the amount of cricket worldwide, since player burnout is serious problem these days.
what do you think of IPL?

it is idiotic to allow meaning less tournments like IPL..but not allowing a tournment like this.. they should dump IPL and instead have tournment such as this every year.

Dydl

International Debutant
Will be interesting how the Aussie guys in the NSW team pull up for the ODIs tomorrow. Lee had a great tournament, he's really looking in top notch form. Very happy we came out trumps in this tournament.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
what do you think of IPL?

it is idiotic to allow meaning less tournments like IPL..but not allowing a tournment like this.. they should dump IPL and instead have tournment such as this every year.
Dont think the IPL should be dumped. But it defiantely needs revamping along withe ICC. Since the scheduling in international cricket is ridiculous.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, despite the commentators persistently mentioning the great atmosphere last night, did anyone else think the stadium looked pretty empty for what was the grand final?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BTW, despite the commentators persistently mentioning the great atmosphere last night, did anyone else think the stadium looked pretty empty for what was the grand final?
What numbers are you expecting?

They said it was 35k. If that's true, I personally reckon that was fine.

Number 11

State Regular
Will be interesting how the Aussie guys in the NSW team pull up for the ODIs tomorrow. Lee had a great tournament, he's really looking in top notch form. Very happy we came out trumps in this tournament.
Sure will, Lee's ODI form has been good. I don't know wether these performances will put him in line for a recall to our frontline, test pace attack.