• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bangalore win despite only playing for pride!

All IPL teams are officially out now. I think Bangalore may have taken some pleasure in ending Delhi's run.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
All IPL teams are officially out now.
Pretty clear that the IPL teams were weaker than the others due to a lack of concentration of the top IPL players - at least, imo. Whereas other teams seemed to possess a good representation of their top domestic and international talent, the three IPL teams possessed some, but not a great majority of top IPL performers.

Moreover, the fielding of the IPL teams in today's game was absolutely shocking. The amount of drop catches, misfields, etc, from both teams was appalling - Nehra's drop the most memorable and costly.

That being said, there was some high quality cricket involved. Ross Taylor has been in superhuman form recently; Nannes worked up some mega gas (up to 152.2kph on my watch); and Sehwag continues to show some solid form. Steyn was good too.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure this is the right place but I was suprized to see who is the only player in T20 cricket to have 2 or more 100s and 10 or more 50s.

Anyone want to guess?

GGG

State Captain
Not sure this is the right place but I was suprized to see who is the only player in T20 cricket to have 2 or more 100s and 10 or more 50s.

Anyone want to guess?
Andrew Symonds would of been my guess but "surprised" stumped me.

Has anyone hit more 6's than Ross Taylor in 20/20's? 83 in 49 matches :wacko:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know Hick hit two tons. Not sure about how man fifties he hit although it'd certainly fit the surprise element.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
10 according to cricinfo - not sure how that would represent that big a surprise though?
Yeah Hick is the answer though I dont see why it wouldnt be a suprize. He has been retired a year and is pretty old. Not the first guy most would think of when it came to T20

elcid

Cricket Spectator
trinidad and tobago will most definitely continue their amazing run in the tournament tomorrow! continue makin us proud guys! ur the best!

Sylvester

State Captain
Victoria really need to get one of their batters to fire. I believe not one of their players has made a 50 yet. No better time to do so then in the semis but that could be their last chance.