• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope the Eagles come up trumps tomorrrow. Basically the loser of the game is knocked out of the tourney. I hope Dean Elgar comes in for Adrian McLaren and bats at 3. Van Wyk must open with Rossouw.

There will be 15 South Africans on the field in the match tomorrow.:wacko:
Not as many as when England play SA, tbf...

pasag

RTDAS
So torn between the two domestic sides I support, but carn the Vics! Great effort last night. Timezones are appauling itbt.

shivfan

Banned
IIRC it all started when he was away with England on tour in India 2006 and his father-in-law had a very serious accident falling from a ladder which he decided to fly back home for. Since then he has very serious anxiety issues whenever he is away from his family. Apparently he can get through ok on the county circuit because he always has in his mind that he is only a couple of hours drive away, but going overseas is just too much for him unfortunately.
Makes you wonder why he went to this tournament....
:unsure:
Surely, there are less stressful tours he could've undertaken, as a test of whether he's come to grips with this problem?

Somerset have replaced Tres with Durston. Personally, I think they should've played Banks, who is an allrounder in this form of the game, and can bowl a bit of spin, which can be so effective on these wickets, as the Trinidadian trio of Dave Mohammed, Sherwin Ganga and Samuel Badree showed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Top bowling from de Villiers early on.

The fielding in this tournament has been shocking for mine.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Makes you wonder why he went to this tournament....
:unsure:
Surely, there are less stressful tours he could've undertaken, as a test of whether he's come to grips with this problem?

Somerset have replaced Tres with Durston. Personally, I think they should've played Banks, who is an allrounder in this form of the game, and can bowl a bit of spin, which can be so effective on these wickets, as the Trinidadian trio of Dave Mohammed, Sherwin Ganga and Samuel Badree showed.
41* off 22 is not bad...

Banks is one of those players that at this level can neither bat nor bowl.

shivfan

Banned
Okay, maybe Durston deserves to play....
:laugh:
But Banks could certianly have played instead of one of the other failing batsmen.

Banks' 20/20 record isn't bad.

Domestically, Banks has played seven 20/20 matches, scoring 135 runs, with a highest of 50* at an average of 45, and a SR of 118.

He's taken five wickets at an average of 34.

GGG

State Captain
I can see de Villiers getting a call up to the SA 20/20 team, been very impressed with him.

shivfan

Banned
go T&T for tomorrow's match!! make our country proud again! i know u can!
I hope Trinidad do well, but NSW have to be the overwhelming favourites, IMHO....

Personally, I think Rayad Emrit should've been selected instead of one of the spinners. I hope Trinidad don't regret that move to play an unchanged XI....