• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Otago are paying $10.50.

Lol, can't wait for two boundaries to be hit and that to fall to $5.
Haha. McCullum can play a little inning and the odds will fall. Still a very steep ask for Otago to win given there is no one else that good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Praveen Kumar is such a good bowler. Can swing it. And he can bat too. Must be a lock in for the Indian ODI squad.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He has to be able to back up that showmanship though. He often doesn't.
I know. He seems to appear ****y in interviews too. He seems to have improved his game from six months backs though and seems more committed now. So I am seeing positive signs though I still don't rate him highly as a player.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is why Kumble seems to be a good captain in T20.

I know Gilly beat him in the final of the IPL, but Kumble brought Kallis back into the attack immediately when Otago hit a few boundaries.

He's not letting the game float. He's looking to finish it off before the 10th over, by ensuring the best/in form bowlers bowl Otago out of the game. Either get more wickets, or push the req rate up above 12.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And Kallis immediately gets a wicket!

Take note Gilly. That's how you captain in T20 when defending.

kingkallis

International Coach
This is why Kumble seems to be a good captain in T20.

I know Gilly beat him in the final of the IPL, but Kumble brought Kallis back into the attack immediately when Otago hit a few boundaries.

He's not letting the game float. He's looking to finish it off before the 10th over, by ensuring the best/in form bowlers bowl Otago out of the game. Either get more wickets, or push the req rate up above 12.
:blink:

Kallis opened the bowling with PK and only 1 boundary was conceded in PK's 1st over...

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What is so wrong with this Otago side? They looked good together, but their bowling has fallen apart, putting the match way beyond their batting. When I saw the composition of the team and ran through their stats, I expected a lot more.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Kallis immediately gets a wicket!

Take note Gilly. That's how you captain in T20 when defending.
Gilly is busy scribbling away

Oh wait, he's retired and has won everything anyway

Put that pencil down!

GGG

State Captain
What is so wrong with this Otago side? They looked good together, but their bowling has fallen apart, putting the match way beyond their batting. When I saw the composition of the team and ran through their stats, I expected a lot more.
Not sure, expected more from both McCullums and Butler, the rest proberbly have a bit of stage fright, I mean they nearly beat Deccan in the warmup without half the team playing.