• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

AaronK

State Regular
IPL, ICL and other twenty 20 franchises are hurting test cricket and internatioanl cricket.. international cricket schedual is already so hectic.. but now with IPL every year.. cricketers wil put their body on line and take part in this tournment to make extra money.. the result.. injury.. fatigue and so many other problems.. no wonder great cricketers like Flintoff, Pieterson and soo on are struggline with injuries..
i never enjoyed IPL..i see it as a money making sham.. clearly these players are in it for money.. that means.. they don't care if their teams win or lose.. and no matter how much the team managment stress on the winning.. they could care less.. so i don't see that passion on them either..the same passion that international cricketers bring to the table in international matches..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Somerset picked 6 English players (not counting Kieswetter who wil be England qualified shortly) compared to Deccan's 7 Indians. Much of a muchness really.
Yeah but apparently only one has "no spirit" and is only made for money, with no real loyalty to your team

Whereas County/English domestic cricket is all about tradition and honour?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
From an Indian team point of view, while I was slightly disappointed that RCB lost and severely disappointed at Delhi's tame loss, I'm a little relieved after this match. Deccan have possibly the worst Indian base in the IPL, and can contribute no more than the three players who made the World T20 squad. They rely heavily on their overseas players, and when they don't have a good day, the team sinks. I can't imagine too many from this team making an Indian T20 squad.

Hopefully Delhi will win handsomely in their match tomorrow. They're a well-rounded team and should have a good Champions League, as they've got many (former) U-19 team players with them. Their internationals, at present, are not as good as RCB's or Deccan's, but they all add up nicely.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yeah but apparently only one has "no spirit" and is only made for money, with no real loyalty to your team

Whereas County/English domestic cricket is all about tradition and honour?
Well that Somerset team have been playing and traveling together for the last 7 months or so and most of the team have been playing together for several years before too, so I imagine they do have a better team spirit than an IPL team that are only together for 6 weeks of the year. And obviously any English county (even Somerset) will have a longer tradition than an IPL team purely because they've been around for so much longer. But what those two things have to do with the nationality of the players I have no idea.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well that Somerset team have been playing and traveling together for the last 7 months or so and most of the team have been playing together for several years before too, so I imagine they do have a better team spirit than an IPL team that are only together for 6 weeks of the year. And obviously any English county (even Somerset) will have a longer tradition than an IPL team purely because they've been around for so much longer. But what those two things have to do with the nationality of the players I have no idea.
Because the domestic sides play more often, they are more close knit and likely to succeed than IPL teams.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not supporting the Poms, I'm supporting the clubs Sussex and Somerset. I'm sure as hell not going to support a team that leaves out McGrath from a playing XI, nor a team that has Symmo in it. If India were playing, I'd have to grit my teeth and support them, but it's club cricket now. Good riddance to nationalistic crap.

Last edited: