• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Yup, thought he would be ok to play in this, but now its pretty unlikely he would play any cricket before Australia' ODI tour to India later this year.

Anyways, just out of curiosity, has any announcement been made regarding whether Tresco would represent Somerset in this tournament, I do hope he plays, would be nice to see him back in the thick of things, but I think its very unlikely that he would play.
Is he n't?

would be nice to see him playing on Indian pitches

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup, thought he would be ok to play in this, but now its pretty unlikely he would play any cricket before Australia' ODI tour to India later this year.

Anyways, just out of curiosity, has any announcement been made regarding whether Tresco would represent Somerset in this tournament, I do hope he plays, would be nice to see him back in the thick of things, but I think its very unlikely that he would play.
I believe Somerset are trying to put some kind of plan together with Tresco that would base his family somewhere and he would fly in and out for matches. But I think Somerset have also said he's free to back out at any time without any reproach from them.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
I believe Somerset are trying to put some kind of plan together with Tresco that would base his family somewhere and he would fly in and out for matches. But I think Somerset have also said he's free to back out at any time without any reproach from them.
Tres is definitely going to the CL they just had it as breaking news on SSN.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clarke is withdrawing from the tournament. Excellent news for NSW then.

pup11

International Coach
Yup, Clarke and Prior both have ruled themselves out of this tournament, and won't surpise me if more international players pull their name out of this tournament.

This is NSW's final 15 man squad: Simon Katich (capt), David Warner, Phillip Hughes, Brad Haddin (wk), Steven Smith, Dominic Thornely, Ben Rohrer, Moises Henriques, Steve O'Keefe, Brett Lee, Nathan Hauritz, Aaron Bird, Nathan Bracken, Stuart Clark, Doug Bollinger.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
White??????

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Obviously responding to such a well constructed post may be meaningless, but the guy averages 36, striking above 150 and with two hundreds in T20s. Not to be scoffed at.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Re: White

Very true. Lets just remember this isnt international cricket so he has a chance. Unless of course its the IPL where he wasnt even in the travelling squad for Bangalore even though he was available and in SA for the duration of the tournament

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep, cause Hampshire didn't qualify
That raises an interesting question as presumably your implying that had Hampshire qualified, he'd have played for them.

So what factor decides who a player will turn out for if both sides they play for qualify?

Same goes for Ross Taylor; if NZ domestic side Central Districts had qualified, how is it decided whether Taylor is to play for the Bangalore Challengers or Central Districts?

Is it the players choice is such a situation or you reckon the players individual contract with the respective club decides this?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It might come down to the number of matches played for each time, at a guess.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
That raises an interesting question as presumably your implying that had Hampshire qualified, he'd have played for them.

So what factor decides who a player will turn out for if both sides they play for qualify?

Same goes for Ross Taylor; if NZ domestic side Central Districts had qualified, how is it decided whether Taylor is to play for the Bangalore Challengers or Central Districts?

Is it the players choice is such a situation or you reckon the players individual contract with the respective club decides this?
I imagine he'd choose to play for his home county had Hampshire nipped through, cause it's home :laugh:

The player gets to choose who they want to play for, if they choose their non-home team or an IPL team (that wants them), that team has to pay some large sum of money to their home team.
Like the case with McCullum having qualified for NSW, had NSW wanted him in the final squad and he was willing, they'd have to pay Otago.

That's why the squads are taking a while to be finalised, cause the non-IPL teams have to wait on whether the IPL wants their players and if those players are willing.

Zinzan

I imagine he'd choose to play for his home county had Hampshire nipped through, cause it's home :laugh:

The player gets to choose who they want to play for, if they choose their non-home team or an IPL team (that wants them), that team has to pay some large sum of money to their home team.
Like the case with McCullum having qualified for NSW, had NSW wanted him in the final squad and he was willing, they'd have to pay Otago.

That's why the squads are taking a while to be finalised, cause the non-IPL teams have to wait on whether the IPL wants their players and if those players are willing.
Cheers & you're 100% right in McCullum's case. However it certainly wouldn't surprise me if some players individual contract with their clubs state they must play for team x if they make tournament y regardless.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I thought that the IPL side had priority (hence Dwayne Smith is allowed to play for Sussex only because his IPL side don't want him)?

Zinzan

I thought that the IPL side had priority (hence Dwayne Smith is allowed to play for Sussex only because his IPL side don't want him)?
Again I'm guessing the player's 'individual contract' is key, but would be great if someone could confirm. That said, you may well be right about an IPL priority. After all they (India) do seem to have all the power & clout these days :happy:

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cape Cobras squad - Graeme Smith (capt), Herschelle Gibbs, Henry Davids, JP Duminy, Justin Ontong, Richard Levi, Ryan Canning (wk), Derek Brand (wk), Rory Kleinveldt, Vernon Philander, Claude Henderson, Charl Langeveldt, Sybrand Engelbrecht, Monde Zondeki, Francois Plaatjies

Pretty good side. Justin Kemp can't feature due to his ICL past. Cobras wanted Gibbs to play for his IPL franchise but they didn't front up the cash ($250,000).

Last edited: