• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardj

International Coach
Got my tickets for Sat!!

Although they don't sell them at the cricket at the Gabba, they do sell spiritis for AFL games there!!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Loved speaking to a Collingwood mate of mine, who gets so angry at how Pendlebury (sp) gets 35 touches each week, and then Thomas kicks a goal to put the Pies 55 points up with his 8th kick, and everyone blows their load.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Loved speaking to a Collingwood mate of mine, who gets so angry at how Pendlebury (sp) gets 35 touches each week, and then Thomas kicks a goal to put the Pies 55 points up with his 8th kick, and everyone blows their load.
So true...

mikeW

Is it me or is the hype surrounding Michael Hurley a tad premature? Don't get me wrong i rate the kid as a future gun but talk of him being the next Carey, Brown, Pavlich is a bit early imo.

Daniel Rich maned The rising star.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Ha - knew as I typed that that someone would mention Thomas.

What can I say - yeah, I agree he's over-hyped, although I'd say he's realistically rated these days. Is he a bad player - hell, no. A superstar, not really either. He's a decent player who can occassionally do spectacular things and who is generally eye-catching. He's improved his game this year and has been a earned his spot in a the top 22 of a top-four team. His profile probably speaks to the combination of the club's profile and marketing machine, and the fact that the team itself is not big on extroverted personality types - the fact that people aren't sure how to spell Pendlebury's name probably says it all. It's not really his fault, and I don't think anyone but young kids and fanboys say he's an A-grader. You can see why he was drafted so early, and he'll be a decent player who'll play 200 games, so its hard to say it was a fluffed pick.

But agreed, Pendlebury is stacks better.

None of this changes the fact that Delidio is also overrated. ;)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Even if that's true, what does that have to do with anything? I can't make a comment on Delidio because Thomas is on the Collingwood list? :wacko:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because your point regarding Thomas is exactly the same as my point regarding Deledio. So what if he's overrated (not nearly to the level Thomas is obviously), he's still an important part of Richmond's future.

mikeW

Because your point regarding Thomas is exactly the same as my point regarding Deledio. So what if he's overrated (not nearly to the level Thomas is obviously), he's still an important part of Richmond's future.
This.

BTW anyone give Essendon the remotest chances tomorrow?

Skipworth to be the wildcard imo.

Josh

International Regular
Adelaide Vs. Essendon
Geelong Vs. Bulldogs
Brisbane
Vs. Carlton
St. Kilda Vs. Collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.