• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
We've shown enough this season to show that with a healthy list and a few key additions from the draft we can be contenders in 2 or 3. Personally I'd prefer we tried to ship pick 2 for a key forward of some repute, but not sure who would want to come, plus we'd probably have to give up a real talent plus the pick to get someone worth getting.

Was great to see Robbo and Wheatley get a goal each. I really hope someone picks Robbo up (lol, as if) as I love the man, such a gun.

Personally loved the commentary of Commetti today, some of the gags about tanking got me lolling.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
well that sucks.

Had to listen on radio as I don't have Foxtel, and refuse to go to Docklands. Sounds like the Doggies played well, but also like we were well down. Pendlebury being out hurt us - with Swan and Davis starring I think he can be a bit underestimated at times but he's a big part of the midfield. Still the Dogs had their probs as well.

We'll just have to beat the Saints then.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A lot will depend on Merritt and Bradshaw's availability. Without them, you have the slight advantage imo. Should be close no matter what though :)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well that sucks.

Had to listen on radio as I don't have Foxtel, and refuse to go to Docklands. Sounds like the Doggies played well, but also like we were well down. Pendlebury being out hurt us - with Swan and Davis starring I think he can be a bit underestimated at times but he's a big part of the midfield. Still the Dogs had their probs as well.

Out of interest, why do you refuse to go to Docklands?

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
well that sucks.

Had to listen on the radio too as I'm at uni, but must have been a pisspoor effort from Fraser to get beaten by a ruck combo of Minson-Everitt.

pasag

RTDAS
Flag race wide open. Hopefully Geelong win it and cement their legacy. ABC, though and I'd be more or less happy. Congrats Stedman, good come from behind win.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Had to listen on the radio too as I'm at uni, but must have been a pisspoor effort from Fraser to get beaten by a ruck combo of Minson-Everitt.
It's interesting with Fraser. Wood played so much better as the sole ruckman in the team, he seems to thrive on the workload and responsibility - and in the last couple of weeks his work around the ground has improved to the point where he was probably better for us than Fraser is in 80% of his games.

Maybe need to consider playing Fraser at CHF, given Cloke hasn't been setting the world on fire, and having Wood be the main ruckman. He'd take a quality big defender and maybe free things up a bit for Anthony (who got smashed today by Lake).

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Out of interest, why do you refuse to go to Docklands?
Combination of the fact you get ripped off even worse than at the 'G, you can't see because of the sun if you're on the wrong side, that the MCG is the real home of footy, and that I'm an MCC member. If it were a final, or a game we had to win to get into the finals like the Essendon-Hawthorn one yesterday, I might go, but I'd be channelling Homer in New York City.

I have my area at the G where I like to watch footy, and where I like to watch cricket and will sit there whenever I can. Other spots at the G are good. Anywhere else can suck de balls IMO. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.