• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd actually be happy to see RVN play for Arsenal tbh, apart from the fact that his injury record is fairly dubious, the last thing Arsenal need is another player who spends more time on the treatment table than out on the field, otherwise like Smitteh said he would fit the bill quite well. And RE: Craig, Eboue did indeed have a good game, funny to see him given a "free role" which saw him pretty much playing up front for the whole match, have to remember that the quality of the opposition was hardly top notch though.

Craig

World Traveller
I'd actually be happy to see RVN play for Arsenal tbh, apart from the fact that his injury record is fairly dubious, the last thing Arsenal need is another player who spends more time on the treatment table than out on the field, otherwise like Smitteh said he would fit the bill quite well. And RE: Craig, Eboue did indeed have a good game, funny to see him given a "free role" which saw him pretty much playing up front for the whole match, have to remember that the quality of the opposition was hardly top notch though.
I thought it was interesting how Wenger played Diaby up front as a striker with Eduardo and Bendtner. Has he been doing this for a while, or just something he would try?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Think Eduardo could be facing a ban. The Scottish FA is already asking for it and they are pretty powerful within UEFA/FIFA. It was only a while back that they got a Lithuania player done on retrospective action.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought it was interesting how Wenger played Diaby up front as a striker with Eduardo and Bendtner. Has he been doing this for a while, or just something he would try?
Guess it's in the experimental stages, certainly played a lot higher up the pitch against Portsmouth and came away with a few goals, so chances are it'll probably continue for a while.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Think Eduardo could be facing a ban. The Scottish FA is already asking for it and they are pretty powerful within UEFA/FIFA. It was only a while back that they got a Lithuania player done on retrospective action.
Will be a fairly meaningless punishment I expect, just means Eduardo get's a 3 game rest whilst Arsenal stroll through the first round.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Distin off to Everton for tuppence. Arguably a better defender than Lescott, so pretty decent replacement secured by them.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe Rangers are seeded second. That is a bad joke.

Got some interesting teams in Pot 4 though. The Russian side Rubin Kazan are heavily backed by their local council but since winning the Russian league, sold off their best players.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dunne to Villa, perfect match I'd of thought.

Can't believe Rangers are seeded second. That is a bad joke.

Got some interesting teams in Pot 4 though. The Russian side Rubin Kazan are heavily backed by their local council but since winning the Russian league, sold off their best players.
Rangers for Man U and Rubin Kazan for Real Madrid's group then. Not saying that those two always get piss-easy groups because it's fixed or owt though:unsure:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Italian clubs need to get their fingers out in Europe. Germany gets a four slot soon and Italy will lose their fourth spot if they don't have any success by 2011.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sevilla in pot one is strange too. I presume it's off the back of their two Wafer wins which ignores the fact that they hadn't qualified for the CL in those seasons.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This Draw always makes me have an headache, I dunno why I always watch it. Masochism possibly?