• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think all these Irons-Lions fans are just doing this so they can write about it, release book, get serialised in Loaded and then have a cretinous film made, probably starring Danny Dyer.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Shut up Rose, I recall various occasions on which you defended the signing of Dong Fangzhou.
IIRC the whole argument rose made last season was that he wasn't signed for economic reasons, though.
I've said it wasn't solely for economic reasons but first and foremost was that he showed a bit of talent. WP issues meant he stagnated in Antwerp though while he was on loan there. As with all youth signings you wont know whether they're good or bad until they try to make the step up and he was found wanting when given a chance. The other Asian player though has found to be useful so he's stayed. Otherwise he'd have been shipped off too. Don't think Dong went on more than one of our Asian tours to further my argument.
Probably because all you ever talk about is Man Utd and none of the other 91 League Clubs and 1 decent Non League Club.
Nah have discussed the fortunes and signings of other teams.

chalky

International Debutant
:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Arghh lost 2-1 to Burnley in a hell of a match best game I've seen at the Vic for a while. Ahead with only 6 minutes to go aswell bet yer Burnley get a ****ing plumb tie now Man Utd away or something always ****ing happens.

One of my pet hates why the **** though do referees stop the game when someone gets hit in the head with a ball? For ****'s sake it's a football not a ****ing lead weight.

Had it twice tonight with the same soft **** Joey Gudjohnson, we smash a free kick into the wall ball end's up at our centre foreward's feet 6 yards out with only keeper to beat, Gudjohnson all falls over clutching his face where the ball as hit him referee stops the match.

If someone gets hit in the face during a Sunday league game everybody just laughs & tells the soft **** to get up.

Last edited:

chalky

International Debutant
FTR Our new walkon music this season & general goal celebration music is Hey Hey we're the Monkeys which is so ****ing cool.

Best in the country in my opinion

cpr

International Coach
Violence and stabbings mar West Ham v Millwall match. Disgrace to the game etc etc

In other news, bear ****s in woods

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've said it wasn't solely for economic reasons but first and foremost was that he showed a bit of talent. WP issues meant he stagnated in Antwerp though while he was on loan there. As with all youth signings you wont know whether they're good or bad until they try to make the step up and he was found wanting when given a chance. The other Asian player though has found to be useful so he's stayed. Otherwise he'd have been shipped off too. Don't think Dong went on more than one of our Asian tours to further my argument.

Nah have discussed the fortunes and signings of other teams.
I seem to remember you totally refuted the fact that Dong was signed for mainly economic reasons actually, but I won't dig the posts to prove it, because everyone else here apart from you remembers it just fine.

duffer

Haha I remember when we signed Junichi for purely financial reasons. Loved the little guy tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha I remember when we signed Junichi for purely financial reasons. Loved the little guy tbh.
At least he arguably could have made it, was a young guy with a good engine who was already an established international player, his seasons with Fulham and West Brom demonstrated that he could at least play a season or two of Premiership Football, unlike Dong, who clearly was never up to the job and had he not been from Asia would never have been given a look in. Obviously Inamoto never really made the cut at any British side, but he wasn't far from doing so. Shame he didn't get a bit more of a run at Arsenal though, felt sorry for him that he got to go up and lift the Premiership trophy but didn't actually get hold of a medal himself. Will always remember him for his goals against Russia in the 2002 world cup, WAG.

duffer

At least he arguably could have made it, was a young guy with a good engine who was already an established international player, his seasons with Fulham and West Brom demonstrated that he could at least play a season or two of Premiership Football, unlike Dong, who clearly was never up to the job and had he not been from Asia would never have been given a look in. Obviously Inamoto never really made the cut at any British side, but he wasn't far from doing so. Shame he didn't get a bit more of a run at Arsenal though, felt sorry for him that he got to go up and lift the Premiership trophy but didn't actually get hold of a medal himself. Will always remember him for his goals against Russia in the 2002 world cup, WAG.
Yeah he was a considerably better player than Dong but I never saw enough from him to convince me why Arsene bought him. He's at Rennes now and apparently getting good playing time. Glad it's worked out for him.

Loved the 2002 World Cup after he scored the goals and F365 running the Arsene:"Sorry Junichi, I didn't see the incident" gag. Cracks me up to this day.

Matteh

Swansea ended up with 6 and a half men by the end of extra time tonight.

Unsurprisingly, they lost.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I seem to remember you totally refuted the fact that Dong was signed for mainly economic reasons actually, but I won't dig the posts to prove it, because everyone else here apart from you remembers it just fine.
Where do I contradict that? I said economic reasons may have factores but the main reason would be footballing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Jack Collison's dad died on Sunday whilst going to the ground to see him play, if you didn't know.

Cue Millwall fans taunting him about it last night, as well as having chants taunting Davenport.

**** Millwall.

Craig

World Traveller
Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jack Collison's dad died on Sunday whilst going to the ground to see him play, if you didn't know.

Cue Millwall fans taunting him about it last night, as well as having chants taunting Davenport.

**** Millwall.
yeah, they are filth, should just be banned from attending matches full-stop now, enough is enough

Matteh

Someone got cut in half by an unruly fan with a kitchen knife?

Wouldn't surprise me in merry old England.
Guy got injured (Idriajz), but because that meant Swansea were down to 6 they put him back on the pitch to basically stand there for the last couple of minutes of extra time so they wouldn't have to replay it for not having enough players.