• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Hauritz over Swann is ridiculous - Hauritz bowled better than expected, but Swann was better overall.
I dunno, before the series I thought Swann would be England's trump card, apart from this test he's a been a real disappointment for me, he's my favourite England player by a million miles too. Hauritz I thought was crap, and still do, but he did produce results.

Well Athlai who could unarguably put in that team that I've left out? I did say earlier it was a very odd series victory.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I dunno, before the series I thought Swann would be England's trump card, apart from this test he's a been a real disappointment for me, he's my favourite England player by a million miles too. Hauritz I thought was crap, and still do, but he did produce results.

Well Athlai who could unarguably put in that team that I've left out? I did say earlier it was a very odd series victory.
Onions and Swann IMO.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The sight of a bloody spent Ponting looking like Michael Vick just stole his dog narrowly beats out Jessica Alba naked as the best sight possible in this Universe.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Hard to say as Hauritz didn't get to see out the series, but in the matches they played together Hauritz was better.
Swann had to bowl to far better batting-lineup. Without KP aggression, Hauritz had an easy time. Swann did his role as expected in the Ashes.

Swann>>Haurtiz againts good players of spin.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Considering Australians consider coming 2nd in a sporting event losing no matter how many teams are in it - they can't be too happy for getting medals for coming 2nd out of 2.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Does no one else feel just a little bit sorry for Ponting? I mean he's probably going to spend the rest of his life wondering how the hell he lost this series

pasag

RTDAS
Swann had to bowl to far better batting-lineup. Without KP aggression, Hauritz had an easy time. Swann did his role as expected in the Ashes.

Swann>>Haurtiz againts good players of spin.
Agree that Swann is the better bowler and he'd be a handy addition to this Aussie side, but there's no way he outperformed Hauritz in the matches they played together, even if he did have to play better batsmen (who aren't the best players of spin in the universe either these days).

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
Considering Australians consider coming 2nd in a sporting event losing no matter how many teams are in it - they can't be too happy for getting medals for coming 2nd out of 2.
Lol, they might as well have given them a ceritificate saying thanks for taking part, ludicrous giving them medals.