• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His length is poor. All he has to do is find the right spot and keep bowling it there and you'll get wickets. But he does for maybe 2-3 overs and then reverts to his too full or too short mix.
We're watching different games.

That said, he just dragged down a couple to Huss. Been average since lunch.

Burgey

Broad warned for running on the deck. Would hurt England badly if he couldn't bowl.

Is Swann fatiguing here I wonder?

Like to see Ponting put that pull shot away to Broad tbh.

Top_Cat

Broad warned for running on the deck. Would hurt England badly if he couldn't bowl.

Is Swann fatiguing here I wonder?

Like to see Ponting put that pull shot away to Broad tbh.
That's the one ray of light for Aus; take Swan and Broad out of the attack and the backup is fairly pedestrian right now. Freddie clearly on one leg, Harmi all over the place and Anderson ineffective. Some runs there.

That said, they need to stay out there to take advantage first.

kingkallis

International Coach
Why is Strauss over-bowling Broad and Swann?

Give Harmison a go - try Anderson! Different bowler and different tactics might give you guys a wicket...

Try something new - 360 is a huge amount of runs but I am sure Ponting has different ideas.... :)

Top_Cat

No you wouldn't.
Bit exaggerated perhaps but still, massive difference between now and "****, we're in with a chance". Plus after North bowled almost 50 overs in the match, I think Aus will essentially be a bat down.

Last edited: