• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

pup11

International Coach
4th lbw decision against Watto this series! Technical errors...

Clear lbw case in seaming conditions...
Dropped Hughes because we felt that he can't play the rising ball, interesting to see what we do with Watto, made three 50's as an opener but failed to convert them into big scores, and always looked vulnerable against the incoming ball, also kind of running out of patience with KATMAN, just can't afford to throw away starts as often as he done.

pasag

RTDAS
Huss should go out in a blaze of fire. None of this BS shouldering arms and getting bogged down waiting for a good ball or bad decision.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Huss should go out in a blaze of fire. None of this BS shouldering arms and getting bogged down waiting for a good ball or bad decision.
Madness IMO.

I don't want him shouldering arms but Swann and Broad are bowling a good line to him, he just has to tough it out and wait until Harmison comes on where he'll probably get a few easier balls to hit.

Redbacks

International Captain
Dropped Hughes because we felt that he can't play the rising ball, interesting to see what we do with Watto, made three 50's as an opener but failed to convert them into big scores, and always looked vulnerable against the incoming ball, also kind of running out of patience with KATMAN, just can't afford to throw away starts as often as he done.
We will have to move all our FC games to Tasmania so that our batters learn to deal with a moving ball and don't just turn to ****!

kingkallis

International Coach
Which is exactly why he definitely should not be used as a long term opening option in tests.
If Hussey's head rolls then Watto should be shifted to No.4

Jacques or Hughes can open against NOT that solid bowling attack of Pakistan and Windies in cupcoming series.

pasag

RTDAS
Madness IMO.

I don't want him shouldering arms but Swann and Broad are bowling a good line to him, he just has to tough it out and wait until Harmison comes on where he'll probably get a few easier balls to hit.
but hit a couple of boundaries and watch their newfound line disappear...

Not my fav plan in the world but waiting things out doesn't work for Mr Cricket anymore.

Redbacks

International Captain
Madness IMO.

Still, hasn't the Australian philosophy always been to back yourself in, what would Bill Lawry say if this were a McKenzie batting: 'he's going nowhere fast'

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought the Watto one was a touch outside the line but you have to give 'em.
Touch and go, wasn't it? TBH it was one of those that was probably technically correct, but I'd have been happier to see turned down. Don't think there's any way the ump could be 100% sure without a replay.

pup11

International Coach
Which is exactly why he definitely should not be used as a long term opening option in tests.
I don't think he is anything but a makeshift arrangement (or atleast I would like to think so), and I think as a team we really need to sort out who our opening batsmen and bowlers are gonna be.

I believe you need to have a consistent and stable opening combination with both ball and bat, if you want to build a strong test side, our problem has been we haven't been really able figure out who are the best men to do the job, and if we are to improve we need to make a few decisions in this regard.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Not my fav plan in the world but waiting things out doesn't work for Mr Cricket anymore.
Yeah but honestly he's not had a chance to hit a few boundaries! The bowling is very controlled.

kingkallis

International Coach
Wicket is playing really wierd and I dont see any chance for the mighty Aussies...

Just 1 wierd delievery and thats all for the batsman...cricket is so unfair at times ;)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Still, hasn't the Australian philosophy always been to back yourself in, what would Bill Lawry say if this were a McKenzie batting: 'he's going nowhere fast'
Marcus North last Test showed how to bat in a difficult situation. He was on 7 off 50 odd balls and ended up making 100, no one really remembers a batsman slow start in a Test match when he goes on to make 100.

pup11

International Coach

Agree with you to a certain extent, though as NUFAN said the bowling has been pretty good so hitting boundaries isn't really an option atm, but atleast Hussey should look to rotate the strike around and look positive, atm he just is a sitting duck, pushing and prodding at balls without a clue and waiting for that one ball that would eventually get him out.