• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some of the Aussies were right though, this pitch is impossible to bat on, real disgrace to Test cricket clearly....

pup11

International Coach
Yep, the Aussie bats should be taking real encouragement from this. No fear to be had out there.

This is all still taking the absolute piss, mind.
Even if you take a serious account of things, the pressure of losing the Ashes would play a huge part on how the Aussie batsmen bat, and also not to forget they have a unrealistic task on their hands, which would also make their job a whole lot difficult.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I know the pitch is looking good for batting at the moment, but it's worth remembering that this will be the 4th innings of the match, and chasing 520 is a mammoth effort, if Australia can even get in touching distance of it, then my hats off to them, England should win here absolutely no question, anything else will have to be considered a drastic failure.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know the pitch is looking good for batting at the moment, but it's worth remembering that this will be the 4th innings of the match, and chasing 520 is a mammoth effort, if Australia can even get in touching distance of it, then my hats off to them, England should win here absolutely no question, anything else will have to be considered a drastic failure.
I hope they don't forget to do the job. It's easy to set your opponent 500 and say "sweet, no one's ever chased that much in a test before, we're home and dry". Those last ten wickets won't take themselves.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i remember an india pak test match where first two innings were really difficult, in 3rd innngs pakistan scored 599, everyone said pitch had got better, but in the 4th innings india couldn't manage to score
i guess cuz eng were leading, they had upper hand so they played better in 3rd innings, & i really can't see Australia winning, scoring 400 will even be so hard

pup11

International Coach
Yeah, its a lost cause from an Aussie POV, every chance that we might go down without any resistance in this match, lot of blokes in this side might be really tired and dejected, so it would now take some effort from Ponting as captain to motivate this lot.