• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Clarke looks so village at times. Probably pick one up now I've said that, but his darts in tests always make me cringe.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Trott has played really well. Sort of player if he has a run of low scores would look awful and extremely vulnerable but it is a nice to have a player in the middle order who has some intent.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Small thing in the context of the game, but seeing as players are always (rightly) told to respect umpires, it always ****s me as a player or spectator when an umpire doesn't respond to an appeal with a "not out". Don't just stand there. FFS if an umpire asks something of a player and gets ignored, the player gets a bollocking.

kingkallis

International Coach
Trott has played really well. Sort of player if he has a run of low scores would look awful and extremely vulnerable but it is a nice to have a player in the middle order who has some intent.
So lets say England has found right handy Thorpe!

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well played Jonathon - really, really liking the look of the lad.

Strauss a lock for the Compton-Miller medal IMO unless Pup is at the heart of an Australian miracle in the 2nd Innings.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Small thing in the context of the game, but seeing as players are always (rightly) told to respect umpires, it always ****s me as a player or spectator when an umpire doesn't respond to an appeal with a "not out". Don't just stand there. FFS if an umpire asks something of a player and gets ignored, the player gets a bollocking.
I was thinking this yesterday actually, should at least shake his head. And despite his heroics, I really didn't like it yesterday when Broad picked up a few of his LBW wickets without actually appealing, just started celebrating immediately.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is why Hauritz should have been selected.... (haha, not talking about North btw, but Clarkes bowling)