• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This bowling effort has not been spectacular from Australia; England should feel disappointed to have lost 4 wickets against this attack on a pitch like this.

pasag

RTDAS
People being way too harsh on England here, have almost doubled their previous first innings score now.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Woah. Peter Siddle is getting the ball moving back a long way. That has gone off the seam and then in the air after that. Moved a ridiculous distance.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sheesh seems like a huge toss for England to win, if they could actually have made the most of the best time to bat they could have practically put Australia out of the match.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not sure what I have to be sour about tbh, seeing as my original fears were confirmed emphatically.
People had been saying for four hours Bell will be out. You said he will be out pre tea and he was out post tea. You never specified a time limit for him being out. If you feel you got it right, you are just fooling yourself over what was a bit of co-incidence.

Sour over the argument you had with me. I never said Bell will ton up and don't care to be honest. It is you who brought up my name out of no where after the argument was over.

I'll just say, again -

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Closer to Shah's than Bopara's if you ask me. There are some technical weaknesses there.
Nah, was predominantly talking about similar forward press they both have, and the tendency of playing straight balls across the line, though Trott seems to play the short ball a lot better than Bops, but still that's a pretty glaring technical glitch he has, and good bowling units on slightly more receptive pitches would expose that weakness with ease.

pup11

International Coach
Would give a few overs to Clarke here, such surfaces really suit his type of bowling and would be worth the try to tell him to roll his arm over a few overs, but of course that depends whether he is fit enough to bowl.

tooextracool

International Coach
Yep, might not be a bad idea especially with 2 right handers at the crease. Don't think it will make much difference against Prior, but might be worth it against Trott.

pup11

International Coach
Clark has been really disappointing today, I thought since he was picked he would be bowling long tight spells, making the batsmen play as many balls as possible, but he has either been a bit too wide, or bit too straight.