• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
We were **** today, might be time to call time on Harris and Jones' time at the club, and Firrito has been terrible at times this year, though Crocker's match up's were again horrific.

Positives in Adams, Anthony, Goldstein, Swallow, Greenwood, Thompson & Grima though and Hansen's looked a bit better the last couple. It's been the more experienced players letting us down

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ripping game between Geelong and Sydney. Pretty lucky to get up, but that was a finals like intensity throughout. Good to get some legs into our players returning from injury at that pace of game. Not good to have to listen to Robert Walls throughout.

Taylor will be better for the run, think a couple of weeks out has affected him a fair bit. Struggled to keep up with Goodes tonight, which is no disgrace, but he has managed to do a fair job of keeping up with Riewoldt in the past, so if he manages to play every game between now and September, it'll be OK.

Love Joel Corey so much.

Redbacks

International Captain
Crows' brand of footy is so much better since the emergence of Tippett. Willingness to go long to a contest inside 50, and suddenly it brings players like Knights into the game, and the Porpoise doesn't have to be a target and can get more creative.
With a supporter base made up of the first wave of "if you can't beat them, financially cripple them" supporters it's no real surprise the clubs first goal is consistent safety over success.

Even though port are a basket case ATM, it's not in their psyche to just play to make up the numbers each season, only a matter of time before they are more successful than the Crows.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really hope that Sydney shows up all these mugs who say that they have to drop down the ladder. They continue to develop their kids as well as anyone, and don't play them till their ready.

With Smith, Dwyer, Hanneberry, Jack, Barlow, Bird in the midfield, White up forward with Vespremi, Grundy and LRT down back, they've still got the spine for a pretty good side going forward.

Josh

International Regular
Give Jake King some sort of medal. He's done what 99% of Australia probably wants to do; smack Alan Didak one!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
You guys are all just bent out of shape due to your unnatural hatred of Didak and the Pies. You should try doing the natural thing and loving them, you'll feel better. ;)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Really hope that Sydney shows up all these mugs who say that they have to drop down the ladder. They continue to develop their kids as well as anyone, and don't play them till their ready.

With Smith, Dwyer, Hanneberry, Jack, Barlow, Bird in the midfield, White up forward with Vespremi, Grundy and LRT down back, they've still got the spine for a pretty good side going forward.
Was good to see Geelong worked hard tonight. Hope the last couple of games ahead of the Qualifying Final are equally torrid - especially that trip over to Perth. :ph34r:

agree re Sydney. Would never expect guys like Hutchence to admit they're wrong (Kerr is definitely leaving WCE!) but would be good to see them defy the conventional wisdom.

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Didak is scum, loved his dog act late in the game when he elbowed King when his back was to him.

Gotta be the weakest and ****test bloke going round.

Craig

World Traveller
Is it me or is the Bulldog's Brad Johnson bit of a diver? He try out for the Australian Olympic Diving team in 2012.I enjoyed last night though, Brisbane missed goals that they should of scored from, and I guess that is what cost them. Not sure if it came up on TV, but whenever the Lions scored, there was a bloke about 21/22 who would put up a banner with the words "GREAT GOAL" and lead a Brisbane Lions chant, well I was sitting 5 seats away to the right.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it me or is the Bulldog's Brad Johnson bit of a diver? He try out for the Australian Olympic Diving team in 2012.I enjoyed last night though, Brisbane missed goals that they should of scored from, and I guess that is what cost them. Not sure if it came up on TV, but whenever the Lions scored, there was a bloke about 21/22 who would put up a banner with the words "GREAT GOAL" and lead a Brisbane Lions chant, well I was sitting 5 seats away to the right.
Yes Johnno is a bit of a diver, but I hope that stupid cow who threw her drink at him cops a lengthy ban. If it had been a bloke, you can guarantee they would throw the book at him.

Went both ways really. Dogs should have iced the game in the third quarter but missed five goals in a row they should have kicked and very nearly blew it.

I don't think the Dogs will win either of their last two games despite positive signs in the first three quarters last night, so we really need results to go our way to cling on to the top four. Port to beat Carlton today, and Carlton to beat Adelaide in R22 would be swell. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.