• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And with that, the game is in Australia's hands.
I'm not too worried. We should be capable of putting at least another 100 on, it would be very brave of Ponting to declare in time to get England out without risking a defeat

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good session for our lads there. Just need the Tard out after lunch. Has to be said Colly never looked the business today - playing a long way from his body.

Last edited:

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I'm not too worried. We should be capable of putting at least another 100 on, it would be very brave of Ponting to declare in time to get England out without risking a defeat
The Prior/Bell partnership is the big one. If they can somehow manage to level Australia's score then any run after that is a bonus. That's obviously a massive ask though, and personally I reckon we'll be bowled out trailing by about 30 or so.

howardj

International Coach
No play for 43 hours. Then back for just one hour...followed by a 40 minute lunch break!!!

Put some sandwiches behind the stumps, and get on with the game FFS!

Craig

World Traveller
No play for 43 hours. Then back for just one hour...followed by a 40 minute lunch break!!!

Put some sandwiches behind the stumps, and get on with the game FFS!
I think times like these, we can knock off at least 20 minutes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Deffo 'Strayla's session. Hilfhenhaus bowled really well. Swing & bounce.

Bell needs to capitalise on the outrageous spawn he's had and go on here. Can't see anything but a draw, really, but then I'd have said the same thing at lunch on day4 at Cardiff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think someone's said if before, but wtf has Hoggy done to his hair? Looks like he's had a fight with a hedge & a pot of styling wax. :-O

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Think someone's said if before, but wtf has Hoggy done to his hair? Looks like he's had a fight with a hedge & a pot of styling wax. :-O
I'd say it's down to shock at the fact that Stuart Broad can get a game but he can't.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he'd have said it on the BBC he'd have been fined £500,000 and wouldn't have beee allowed to host Jonathan Ross for 3 months. Because we all know, 2 people writing in to complain to the BBC represents the whole country being in uproar.
If David Cameron can get away with it then I imagine Shane will be fine.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was about to say the same thing. Seen it 5 times in the last few weeks, that ball Giles stops close to the boundary...it's going for four every time surely.

And there's the win, phew.

Much prefer the proper commentary though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Loved it later on in 05 when Flintoff was asked what he said to Brett Lee at the end of the game.

"It's 1-1 you Aussie bastard!"