• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The ball today that he got Manou out with from wide of the crease, that has to be one of the best balls I have seen in years. I don't care how good you are, the only way you play those is with your off stump.
Best ball I've seen since Bracken to Gayle in the Champions Trophy final in 2006.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Shane Watson and Simon Katich had decisions given not out, which were just as out as Bell's. Stop whinging, Australia are playing awful cricket. End of.
Haha not on your life. Bell's was hitting middle half way up. Katich's was clipping the outside of off and Watsons was hitting leg stump.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As I was saying earlier, don't think Rudi has given an LBW decision correctly in about 10 ****ing years. Just ****ing retire already.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
are you such a wanker that you wait till all the poms are asleep to say things like that?
your out of order Smitteh! it's just so wrong in so many ways what you just did.
That's completely unacceptable. That's the most obvious flaming attempt I've seen in a long time that's so low you can't get any lower to try and stir up a reaction and cause trouble.
What? I'm fairly sure he was talking about Koertzen, not Bobby. If he was talking about Bobby then delete the comment. If you look in the football thread, I would not make a comment like that about Robson.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
What? I'm fairly sure he was talking about Koertzen, not Bobby. If he was talking about Bobby then delete the comment. If you look in the football thread, I would not make a comment like that about Robson.
Are you so stupid ? of course it's about Koertzen!

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Why would the English care about a throwaway line, then? Isn't Rudi South African?
doesn't matter, there are more sensible people walking around when the northern hemisphere is awake!

no flame at southern hemisphere, but just more people statistically! ;)

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
doesn't matter, there are more sensible people walking around when the northern hemisphere is awake!

no flame at southern hemisphere, but just more people statistically! ;)
Haha, you're right. I obviously made a calculated move to wait until it was 2am in England to make that post as opposed to the fact that I just made it after I woke up.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's this rubbish about Huss not knowing where his off-stump is? It's lying on the ground under his armpits.

Seriously, reckon his eyes are gone. I know Andre's been saying it for a while but it's a conclusion getting harder to avoid.

EDIT: Quite worried with how comfortable Strauss is looking out there. Playing beautifully.

Last edited:

irfan

State Captain
Talk about his crap record in England all you want but Binga Lee is a big loss for Australia in this test match. Only bowler in the squad capable of swinging it late, he would have been very handy if conditions remain overcast

ripper868

International Coach
Can somone read the ****ing riot act to the Australian Team?

Grow some balls, sledge the **** out of them and play hard (but fair) like the old days. If CA has told the team to be "nicer" on the field then they can get ****ed.

Apologies for the language, but i don't like this nice team one little bit right now. Get some **** back in the team, and a Ranga ffs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
err, if playing with your bat hanging out some 5 feet away from your pad isn't a 'major' technical flaw then yes he doesnt have any major technical flaws. His batting, as I've described it before, is Yuvrajesque and its almost certainly a very poor technique.
Hmm well yea his technique does look a bit like a short Yuvraj whe he bats.

Regarding his century against South Africa, one swallow does not make a summer and as such hes done precious little since other than stack up runs on a very placid pitch against some very ordinary bowling in Cardiff.
Same thing can be said about your judgement that he wont last the summer. As i said he has gotten some good deliveries, only the pull shot in the 1st innings at Lord's was a poor shot.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You are telling me you havent seen any plumb decisions not given in the last 2 years?
Rightly or wrongly, these sorts of decisions happen too often for cricket to continue this way. The point is that we are not going to get anywhere without that referral system.
Word out..

pup11

International Coach
What's this rubbish about Huss not knowing where his off-stump is? It's lying on the ground under his armpits.

Seriously, reckon his eyes are gone. I know Andre's been saying it for a while but it's a conclusion getting harder to avoid.

EDIT: Quite worried with how comfortable Strauss is looking out there. Playing beautifully.
Nah, If that had been the case he would have been struggling in the ODI format too, which isn't the case, the thing is pure and simple, Hussey is tentative as **** nowadays, and that tentativeness is infecting his whole game.

You can just feel the nervous energy whenever he comes out to bat, I think he is very desperate to start making some runs again at the test level, but as a result he is perishing, because he is trying too hard atm.

This is something more obvious when you see him scoring quite easily in the practice games, where he isn't under same sort of pressure that he is during a test match, Huss just needs to ease and runs would follow.

Very concerned about our current predicament in the game, would have been great had Bell's decision gone Mitch' way, but that not be, but atleast it was good to see him slowly but surely coming back into some sort of rhythm.

As you said, Strauss proving to a big thorn for us, so need to get him out first thing this morning, and put pressure on rest of the English batsmen, there is no doubt we need the Aussie quicks to do something similar to what their English counterparts did yesterday, if we're to comeback into this game.