• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Stapel

International Regular
What was (or looked) wrong with that Clarke-LBW??

England do not seem to be very lucky with LBW-decisions, right? I watched yesterday's session without commentary, so I'm not too sure, but I thought there a few very close ones too!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What was (or looked) wrong with that Clarke-LBW??

England do not seem to be very lucky with LBW-decisions, right? I watched yesterday's session without commentary, so I'm not too sure, but I thought there a few very close ones too!
3 lbws denied in 40 overs so far this game. Gotta expect something along those lines with the amount of good fortune we enjoyed in Australia's second-innings at Lord's I guess.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Only played one before this current game TBH.

Only thing that matters is the last decision. And that Clarke mistake puts the number of wicket-causing\losing mistakes at 6-all
Interestingly that's not the case when Ponting makes a comment about Strauss's clumsy attempts at gamesmanship.

Woodster

International Captain
Don't agree with Warne suggesting Anderson is losing patience. He's bowled 12 balls at North, using only 2 in-duckers, which is the ratio he suggested, only swinging the ball the other way, which is an option. He only highlighted the first three balls of an over (where one went in and two away) to emphasise his point of impatience and trying too many different things, poor form Warney.

Should Anderson's stock ball to North (or left handers in general) be swinging to slips or back in ?

social

What does everyone think of Strauss as a captain?
Personally think he's not the man, Collingwood.
According to some guys that know Strauss well, he is the most disorganised person that they had ever met in their life e.g. not uncommon for to forget to bring some vital piece of equiment (like a bat!) to the game

Said he is a lovely guy but they would not trust him to organise a piss-up in a brewery

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Clarke was just gone, wasn't he? Can't honestly make a case for Dar not giving it.

Onions looks different bowler when he gets the swing thing going, if that isn't stating too much of the bleedin' obvious.

social

Don't agree with Warne suggesting Anderson is losing patience. He's bowled 12 balls at North, using only 2 in-duckers, which is the ratio he suggested, only swinging the ball the other way, which is an option. He only highlighted the first three balls of an over (where one went in and two away) to emphasise his point of impatience and trying too many different things, poor form Warney.

Should Anderson's stock ball to North (or left handers in general) be swinging to slips or back in ?
Back in as Both is saying right now

Craig

World Traveller
According to some guys that know Strauss well, he is the most disorganised person that they had ever met in their life e.g. not uncommon for to forget to bring some vital piece of equiment (like a bat!) to the game

Said he is a lovely guy but they would not trust him to organise a piss-up in a brewery
Who are these people? Team mates?

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Known as "Muppet", apparently.

chalky

International Debutant
Or rather, a considerably longer period of poor performances of which the NZ game was the final straw.
To repeat myself

Originally Posted by chalky
For me was the best bowler in Australia, was injured in the summer against India & was the best bowler (besides Sidebottom) in Sri Lanka as I recall