• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
There was the one from Jimmy that was hitting off, but was borderline. Might've hit it first, might've been outside line. Wasn't, but decision probably fair enough.
To Katich? Unless I'm crazy, Watson had one shout and that was LBW from Onions before the Swann thing.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, Watto is pretty poor against spin (like most batsman from Queensland), tends to depend way too much on the sweep shot to bail himself out of trouble against spin bowling, and that has proved to be his undoing a lot of times.
I get the impression he improves against particular bowlers as he's faced them more, not sure if that's actually correct though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
England have bowled absolutely toilet so far, yet there's been a few close calls, if we get in under cloud cover it could be carnage.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? :unsure:

Sixth over, fourth ball after checking on cricinfo:

6.4: Anderson to Katich, no run, got him, surely! A massive inswinger into his back pad, on middle-and-off - but not given! My word. Katich has survived a deathly close call there!
We weren't talking about Katich though; we were talking about Watto.

pasag

RTDAS
England's appealing is so annoying. Goes on for half an hour even after the ump has shaken his head. Reminds me of the famous opening scene from The Party.