• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Inspection at 3.30, slim chance of a couple of overs after tea, unlikely though it would seem :(

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
This is so stupid, why haven't they installed proper drainage? They would have made their money back today from what I've heard about the figures. If this was Lords, they'd be out there by now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you don't like his technique, there's no excuse for him playing ITFP.

Ridiculous to pick him, let him average 60-odd in South Africa, then drop him after a single bad game.

Not picking him in SA would've been perfectly fair enough, Jaques or Rogers might well have been better choices, but once you've given Hughes the chance and he's taken it it's ridiculous to drop him now.
As we said at the time, Jaques was injured.

Definitely reckon Rogers has been treated pretty poorly, though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is so stupid, why haven't they installed proper drainage? They would have made their money back today from what I've heard about the figures. If this was Lords, they'd be out there by now.
Haha, I was trying not to say this.

It's true though, the drainage is very poor.

tooextracool

International Coach
Anybody been reading Andy Zaltzman's 'Confectionary Stall Ashes quiz' on cricinfo? Its worth a read just for some light humor.

Last edited:

jondavluc

State Regular
Yeah especially in England they need proper drainage.must be sorted out over the next few years.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You'd think that given it rains a bit (well a lot, apparently) in England during the summer their cricket grounds would at least have a decent ****ing drainage system.

So frustrating :(

Woodster

International Captain
You'd think that given it rains a bit (well a lot, apparently) in England during the summer their cricket grounds would at least have a decent ****ing drainage system.

It does rain a lot and it's so far been another sh**e summer!!

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator

Normally we'd rarely get a July this wet, this is I think go end up as the 3/4th wettest July since 1900. Actually England isn't as wet as some think, for example Rome on average is wetter then London. The problem is our rain tends to be long lasting and not as heavy as the type of rains seen elsewhere.

Still the fact the drainage system is having a hard time is hardly shocking given just how exceptionally wet this July has become (I think its going to be in the top 25 wettest July's since 1700, thats pretty impressive!)

pup11

International Coach
Its obvious for a while now that Hughes has been dropped, and this what he has said about it on Twitter.

"Disappointed not to be on the field with the lads today". "Will be supporting the guys, it's a BIG test match 4 us. Thanks 4 all the support!"

Still just can't believe he has been dropped, I was hoping that reports of his axing would turn out to false rumours, but that hasn't turned out to be the case, and its also clear by now that Watto would open,. but as I said before its not the right decision, but since this is such a vital game for us, I just hope this experimentation works.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Woke up, saw the time, was shocked...then I remembered the Test is in England, and 24 hours ago it was raining...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Some talk on the Beeb that Hughes will be disciplined for announcing he wouldn't be playing.

Woodster

International Captain
It's been a good summer here, apart from a few days with some showers. Perhaps tests should only be played in the SE of the country.
We've had a few nice days, temperature's been ok at times, but a summer it is not!Recently there's been far too much rain around.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The drainage isn't great, but just as we find it hard to understand the concept of a drought, you probably can't imagine near constant rain for a whole week, and a very wet month.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
The drainage isn't great, but just as we find it hard to understand the concept of a drought, you probably can't imagine near constant rain for a whole week, and a very wet month.
yet you don't see dead patches of grass on australian grounds, but there appears to be muddy bog on the outfield here.