• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Is it true that anything over 20 overs and you don’t get a refund? Just watch the ground staff go into overdrive at around 3pm…

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's something like that, after a certain amount you can still have half back (that may well be just one ball though), and then after about 20, tough ****

Woodster

International Captain
The rain has abated for now, work is going on on the ground, but still at the earliest it's looking at around mid-afternoon, hopefully, according to Rudi Koertzen. Again it depends how heavy the showers get before that time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fed up, didn't take the day off to just sit on CW, I can do that in work. Stupid English weather, I blame Burgey

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wish pommieland had some real weather instead of this ridiculous on/off rain garbage.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Inspection at 2pm, FFS

Playing the Edgbaston 05 Test. I watched highlights of it on Monday on ESPN so you would think I'd want something different. But to be honest, this will do :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would prefer Edgbaston 1981 TBH but realise that's unrealistic, and it's impossible to get tired of this Test, especially that first day.

The day when 16 years + 1 Test was turned on its head.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, always forget about how at a point thinks looked a bit grim though, after an immense start we're now 180ish-4.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There were three blocks of England that day: Trescothick and Strauss' opening stand and Trescothick and Vaughan's continuation; then Flintoff's intervention; then Pietersen's rollicking along with the lower-order in tow.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, finally got SBS happening in my room, shocking form. Greg Matthews is senile.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That's unlikely, but it is very, very possible that it'll rain enough to avoid any play being possible.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reckon we'll get about 20 overs in tbh

If the whole day gets rained off then it makes the Australia follow-on even more likely :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wonder if this 2005 Edgbaston replay will jog a few memories about how effective and useful Harmison wasn't?

Doubt it TBH.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One thing I'd almost forgotten about Jones in this 2005 Edgbaston match is how much he veered from utter nonsense, bowling a couple of Half-Volleys per over, to brilliance, where he could produce the magic ball from nowhere.

EDIT: and also just how much criticism there actually was of Vaughan's captaincy while the game was going on. Doubtless from the same types who claimed he was so brilliant after the event.

Last edited: