• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official Third Test at Edgbaston

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Reckon he's tops. Best caller of the game in the country.
Australian Charles Colville then.

FTR always found him a great listen as far as commentary (if not analysis of players) is concerned. Like the Aggerses, CMJs and Henry Blofelds, can build a near-exact enactment of how things are happening.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah surprised at the Jim Maxwell hate here. I've always put him down as a pretty solid TMS overseas player.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What've you got against that relatively common gesture that is pluralising single people in order to group them? :huh:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What've you got against that relatively common gesture that is pluralising single people in order to group them? :huh:
The fact that it's relatively common doesn't make it alright. I find it illogical and ugly. As does simmy...

Why does Nasser Hussain say "if you look at the Bothams.. the Stewarts... The Gooches..."

Why not just say if you look at Botham, Stewart and Gooch...

God it winds me up.
Me too.

But applying a little bit of perspective I have to say that your posts are always carefully constructed and well-written so I can't get too outraged about this I suppose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any early forecasts for the game, particularly Sat? Am reading that it's expected to rain pretty much up to the game...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBH feel a bit better after seeing the BBC predict heavy rain on Sat, they've ****ed every forecast up so far this series, wasn't the last game meant to be a big rainfest?

Woodster

International Captain
Having booked Thursday and Friday off work, I'm hoping the forecasters continue to get most things wrong, but it's not looking too good. Sounds like another Test track designed to maximise the hosts revenue as averse to entertaining the thousands of spectators parting with their hard earned cash! I appreciate the weather will certainly have played its part here. Although the groundsman, Steve Rouse, managed to give us a pretty decent Test last time these two clashed here!

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Generally I'd be thinking "we're 1-0 up with 3 to play, give the bastards nothing" and cheering for a flat deck with "draw" written all over it, in engine oil if needs be.

However given that (a) I'd back us to win rather than lose at Edgbaston and (b) I've got tickets for the whole match, I'm hoping for something a bit more lively.

Woodster

International Captain
Never works when a side, especially England, tries to set the stall out not to lose. Let's get out there and continue to go at them, and get a 2-0 lead.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon he's tops. Best caller of the game in the country.
Yeah, find him a good, accurate ball-by-ball caller tbh. Annoys me that he rolls his "r's" all the time though.

But at least when there's a wicket you find out what has happened in real time. With poor old Blowers you can find out quicker by refreshing Cricinfo, though he keeps a good accurate tally on the number of pigeons on the ground.