• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't think you'll be there tbh, hence the see you next year.

Credit where it's due though - you told everyone you were coming, but we didn't realise
you guys did that tantric thing where there's nothing to show when it happens.
Haha, we were one win away from the 4, would have been there if we had beaten you. We're in a bit of a mid-season lull and the forms not great but we're still notching up wins (3 in a row before this week) and don't have the hardest run home ever and have some key players coming back into the side. First time I've heard that 'we're coming' gag as well...

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
I hate Carlton and love Essendon but if Hawthorn's gonna steal 8th it'll be at the expense of the Dons.
nah Carlton will struggle from here on in.

Our draw is easy, Richmond, Dockers, Coast, Brisbane at the G all wins imo.

Hawks game 50/50, we did thrash them last time.

Saints is a loss.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Have it coming down to the Hawks-Essendon & Carlton-Adelaide games on the last day. If Carlton win it will come down to percentage between them and whoever loses out of Hawks-Essendon.

howardj

International Coach
What do folk think of Kelly Underwood as a commentator?

I think she's actually quite good, and certainly knows her stuff.

cameeel

International Captain
What do folk think of Kelly Underwood as a commentator?

I think she's actually quite good, and certainly knows her stuff.
She was terrible in the Geelong v Melbourne game last week. Had no idea who half of Melbourne's players were, and kept falling well behind the play with her commentary. Also had a tendancy to verbally climax on-air every time Ablett touched the pill.

pasag

RTDAS
One of the comebacks of the year. Almost 30pts down with 17 odd minutes to go!

Some interesting comments from the comms:

'The Hawks are well and truely back!'

'That's the nail in the coffin for Geelong!'

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Every commentator in that game except for Malcolm Blight should retire. They called it way too early.

Especially Andy Maher, who said a thrashing was on at 3 qtr time. STFU next time you fool.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Kennedy's handpass to Buddy may have cost hawthorn a finals spot. Mackie's tackle was sensational.

Can i just say how much i'm jelous of Geelong for having Joel Selwood, freakishly good. Had we drafted him instead of Gumbleton we may be a top 4 team right now.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
May sound chauvinistic, but honestly cannot stand the sound of a female voice calling the footy. Apart from that though, as someone said before (Cameeel I think?) in the games I've heard her call, she falls behind the play quite a bit, and doesn't really seem to know all the players that well.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Getting pumped today, time for Rawlings to go and the less said about Power the better. Hale needs to be dropped as well, he's started this season poorly and got worse, had one kick to 3 quarter time today, one kick which went out on the full.

Still Scotty D Thompson has been awesome again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
May sound chauvinistic, but honestly cannot stand the sound of a female voice calling the footy.
That's almost always the truth behind any criticism of women commentators in men's sport, which is why I immediately questioned how she's any different to Quarters, Christian etc.
doesn't really seem to know all the players that well.
Hmm, I didn't watch last week's game so she may well have made a fool out of herself, but she knew plenty about the players today.

Status
Not open for further replies.