• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Says a lot about Sam Power that Richmond were quite happy to let him collect 30 touches and do nothing while they tagged a 4th gamer who still managed to contribute more to the game. Get Zeibell, Wells, Ross and Gav back in there (Definitely won't see Zeibell again this year and probably not Wells). Our defence has been good this year, but our forward structure and delivery in to the forward line has been pretty abysmal.

Hoggy31

International Captain
JWS went down again, so ****ing sad.

Has only played 2 games since that BOG in a semi final (which was only his 25th game). Yeah, piss Sam PicionneGreenPower off, nothing to gain by playing him.

Josh

International Regular
Why would Buckley take North instead of Richmond?

Richmond has a massive membership/fan base, has way more wealth and in my view has a better list.
You'd reckon so.

I don't see Buckley's credentials as a coach in any case. Sure he was a fantastic footballer, but good players don't always make good coaches. He probably does have a good understanding of the game, though. Personally, I don't think I'd like him at Richmond. Probably doesn't have enough "you know what" in him. We need someone who's gonna put the players in their place when they mess up. Give a good old fashioned spray!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am interested in the St Kilda game this weekend from a betting point of view. From where I stand $1.57 seems pretty good value but do they have players missing or am I overlooking something? Are they likely to get beaten or will they keep their run going?

Hoping to get some opinions from those who are more in the know.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Kosi and Dawson are suspended i think, Dawson's not a big out but Kosi is. Saints are due a loss, coming off a 6 day break to the Dogs 8 days, having had Geelong, a trip to Perth, and Adelaide in the last 3 weeks. Dogs have plenty of pace as well and run out games really well, think they've won something like 12 of their final quarters. Picken has done some good jobs this year and will probably go to Montagna

OTOH they made light work of Adelaide last week and looked to relax a bit in the second half, so the shorter break might not be that much of a problem. Dogs haven't been that great recently and they really need to start well to have a chance, they miss Giansiracusa as well.

WB do get slightly underrated in the betting markets usually, same as us, but think the odds are about right tbh

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems the odds have already gone into $1.52 so someone has loaded up on them. Am considering a large bet in a multi with an NRL team and this just adds a bit of value.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
You'd reckon so.

I don't see Buckley's credentials as a coach in any case. Sure he was a fantastic footballer, but good players don't always make good coaches. He probably does have a good understanding of the game, though. Personally, I don't think I'd like him at Richmond. Probably doesn't have enough "you know what" in him. We need someone who's gonna put the players in their place when they mess up. Give a good old fashioned spray!
I said the same about Voss last year, but he's turned out alright. Bucks has seemed the more likely to become a top class coach out of the pair as well.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
You think Buckley wouldn't let people know when he was unhappy with them? Did you see him play
in the 90s? Giving people a spray isn't something he is unfamiliar with.

howardj

International Coach
Seems the odds have already gone into $1.52 so someone has loaded up on them. Am considering a large bet in a multi with an NRL team and this just adds a bit of value.
Steered clear of the Saints in my multi - I reckon this is a real danger game.

Have included Lions and Cats though, along with Storm, Cowboys and Bulldogs.

Pays $3.75

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Brisbane vs North Melbourne
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond
Adelaide vs Port Adelaide

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Narni and Patch dropped...wtf

Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
lol at the Dees side as well, not taking any chance with this one.
In: Miller, Whelan, Johnson, Newton, Cheney, Valenti, Bail, McKenzie
Out: Brad Green, Brock McLean, Mark Jamar, Russell Robertson, Jack Grimes

Hahahaha. Good on 'em I reckon.

Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Carlton vs Collingwood
Geelong vs Hawthorn
Fremantle vs West Coast
St Kilda vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Sydney
Essendon vs Richmond

As with the NRL thread, I'll be away the next few weeks. Will try to get tips in, but if not just give me all the home teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.