• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

JBH001

International Regular
Clarke's feet looking so slow this morning. Been caught on the crease pretty much every ball.
Was thinking that myself. Does not look as fluent at the start of this innings as he did at the start of his innings yesterday. So far, anyway.

Of course, Freddie is bowling beautifully.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Was thinking that myself. Does not look as fluent at the start of this innings as he did at the start of his innings yesterday. So far, anyway.

Yeah, Freddy is bowling really well, but he did bowl well to him yesterday too. Clarke did struggle at times, but at least he was moving forward or back. Just a bit lead footed today thus far. Sort of thing though where one good shot sets you away.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Regardless of whether or not there was an edge there, that was awful from Prior.

Zinzan

All over now mate...

So disappointing this, was so excited about today, but what a ****ing anti-climax this has proven to be.
Disappointing yes, but for me was always even money that they'd lose a wicket in the first 30mins or so, effectively making it game-over

pup11

International Coach

Funny what pressure can do to some people...

Hoggy31

International Captain
Yeah, Freddy is bowling really well, but he did bowl well to him yesterday too. Clarke did struggle at times, but at least he was moving forward or back. Just a bit lead footed today thus far. Sort of thing though where one good shot sets you away.
Lack of sleep woudn't have helped, will take him a bit longer to get going today I feel.

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, those slips are awful close to one another. Hope they dont get in each others way if a chance comes - or miss a chance by failing to cover enough ground.

Edit/ Shot, Mitch.

Burgey

Funny what pressure can do to some people...
Funny how many batsmen play great innings one day and come out the next not in perfect rhythm.....

Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but how many people here have actually played an innings of any length then had to back up the next day? **** me, Bradman made 309 in a day then struggled the next. Strauss got 160 then got bowled second rock. TBH happens plenty of times. It's not necessarily nerves (though it might be of course).

Last edited: