• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pup11

International Coach
Why isn't the light being offered to the batsmen...?

Its got pretty gloomy and dark out there.

Edit: Hadds, please don't do that again....

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Warne and Atherton on the money regarding this being the time to have a dinkum crack. Was disappointed that Flintoff asked for a deep point after bowling a bad ball. Just don't bowl short and wide!
Yeah was bizzare, FWIW he doesn't look right at all, I know he is carrying an injury but he looks quite lethargic now.

Engalnd really need to take wickets now, if its sunny tomorrow aussies are in this match.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow. Magnificent effort from these two. Realistically need something just as brilliant tomorrow, but seriously impressive stuff already.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well, that's the day. Intriguing day's cricket, but in the end Australia needed everything to go right for them in this fourth innings, and it most certainly hasn't. Would be the greatest escape since Houdini if we got a sniff of victory.

pup11

International Coach
Hats off to Clarkey and Hadds, though their job is only half done yet, but this fight-back has been ****in' awesome, more of this tomorrow please.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Amazing. Both Haddin and Clarke have been amazing today. What a top partnership - I hoped but didn't believe these two would last the rest of the day.

aussie tragic

International Captain
At 185 runs, this is now the 6th highest 6th wkt partnership at Lords behind:

274* by WI vs Eng in 1966
211 by WI vs Eng in 1950
190* by Eng vs WI in 2007
189 by Eng vs NZ in 1949 and
186 by Eng vs Aus 1938
:)

Last edited:

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
At 185 runs, this is now the 6th highest 6th wkt partnership at Lords behind:

274* by WI vs Eng in 1966
211 by WI vs Eng in 1950
190* by Eng vs WI in 2007
189* by Eng vs NZ in 1949 and
186 by Eng vs Aus 1938
:)
Yeah, it's been a top partnership. They were just so determined and gave minimal chances. They timed the ball so well and knew what balls to hit. Were never afraid to look for the scoring shot as well.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia now 11/4 with Paddy Power. Could see something special tomorrow. I'll certainly still be watching.

Dissector

International Debutant
Amazing. If Australia had a better number 9 I would say they were in with a real shot. They still have a chance but one of these two will have to stay till the end and Johnson will have to hit a 50. Then if the tail manages to scramble some runs they could just squeak through.

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Amazing. If Australia had a better number 9 I would say they were in with a real shot. They still have a chance but one of these two will have to stay till the end and Johnson will have to hit a 50. Then if the tail manages to scramble some runs they could just squeak through.
Siddle and Haury can get 20-30 each so thats about 50 there. If Mitch can get 50-60 thats 100-110. Could be close, but it's still unlikely.

pasag

RTDAS
Hauritz isn't a bad number 9 at all! Can certainly stick around.