• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
As opposed to last week when England batted 1st, made 400+ and they scored 670? This time last week everyone was complimenting their application. As always, we wait and see with these things.

WD Rudi. WBC he is.
Last week England bowled like crap and we took advantage of it. As soon as they bowled a few half decent spells and put some pressure on - we crumbled.

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Oh great, here comes Australia's 12th man to hand over the initiative.

Surprise surprise, no boundaries for ages and then Broad's first ball is gimme.

Redbacks

International Captain
Anyhow I do have some sympathy for the Aussies on this, the decision should have been referred in the same way as Hauritz's catch, and if it had been the inconclusive replay would have led to a Not Out decision.
I guess that's the same questionable logic that Richard's: he is lucky to be there anyway, call rests on. Two independent events in both cases put together based on a belief in some sort of cricketing karma (which can be confined to one match/day/series etc.), perhaps a nicety for the cricketing fan who looks for another similar event to neutralise/justify the blow of a perceived mis-justice.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Back on topic, England bowling very well here. Ponting and Huss working very hard to survive. Love Ricky in this kind of situation so much.

Andre

International Regular
Stuart Broad into the attack, finally some luck for Australia! A decision goes their way! Haha.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes I read that, if there is doubt it shouldn't be out. The Umpire by himself acts on far less than the third Umpire and to expect he will make more correct decisions without the aid of technology is as I said before ludicrous.
It isn't. You are making the assumption that technological aids can only help - that they cannot hinder. This is not true. In the case of low catches, the far-off camera can introduce doubt where a closer view (from an eye or camera) would realise there is none.

I suggest we discuss this elsewhere and some other time, because there is a cricket match on and I for one quite want to watch it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
One ball from Broad...straight to the boundary...a few ooohs and aaah means we are in for 6 or 7 overs of pounding the pitch half way up

Craig

World Traveller
Wait for Bumble to come on and say that he played with Ian Colban's father (he is the 12th man for England btw).

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
It isn't. You are making the assumption that technological aids can only help - that they cannot hinder. This is not true. In the case of low catches, the far-off camera can introduce doubt where a closer view (from an eye or camera) would realise there is none.

I suggest we discuss this elsewhere and some other time, because there is a cricket match on and I for one quite want to watch it.
My final point on this is that you treat technology and on field umpires as being exclusive, which I maintain that they are not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just a quick read of posts and interesting to see England supporters calling us whingers... Just wondering if you guys thought the Hughes dismisal was out?
I've obviously not called anyone a whinger, but no, I didn't think it carried. However, I recognise that I have merely a far-off camera view; the Umpires actually had a better view.

So the only view I have might lead me to an incorrect assessment.