• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pasag

RTDAS
Absolute bull****. That's two wickets now that shouldn't have been out. The first one not being caught was one thing but that not being referred even when he stood his ground beggars belief.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Now, I don't mind that it has been given out without referring to the third umpire, but where is the consistency in the decision making? Why did the catch that Hauritz took yesterday that get referred but this one not?

Like I said, I don't mind this decision (or yesterdays for that matter), but surely for the sake of consistency, if Rudi is unsure, surely it has to go upstairs?
What most people on here seem to have missed is that it was actually Doctrove who made the decision, Rudi asked him "did you see it carry?" and he said "yes". With Bopara's yesterday, neither Umpire had a sight. So it went upstairs, and, as it always does when it goes upstairs, gets given n\o.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
And for everyone putting the boot in about the spirit of the game, it's a bit ridiculous to hold someone to a standard they espouse if others won't do the same. Ponting has sought out agreements between captains re: low catches and so on before and been rejected, so why should he encourage his players to take the word of the opposition? There's looking to play the game in a positive spirit, and there's being stupid and putting your team at a disadvantage. It's not hypocritical to respond in kind.

chalky

International Debutant
Now, I don't mind that it has been given out without referring to the third umpire, but where is the consistency in the decision making? Why did the catch that Hauritz took yesterday that get referred but this one not?

Like I said, I don't mind this decision (or yesterdays for that matter), but surely for the sake of consistency, if Rudi is unsure, surely it has to go upstairs?
Yeah agree with that - FTR If the fieldsman says it's out & there is no conclusive evidence otherwise, it should be given out in my opinion

pasag

RTDAS
Because they always get given n\o when they're referred, it's completely pointless.

Fewer errors get made when you let the standing Umpires make that call - they're far closer than the camera is.
God you talk some rubbish sometimes.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Because they always get given n\o when they're referred, it's completely pointless.

Fewer errors get made when you let the standing Umpires make that call - they're far closer than the camera is.
That is quite possibly the worst justification I've read. You couldn't possibly tell me that the field umpires had a better chance of making a correct decision than a camera slowed down to about a quarter of the pace and zoomed in to a foot away.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Cause it's Rudi's fault that Doctrove told him he was certain that it was out.
Refers Bopara's one but doesn't refer Hughes' one. Very, very fair. Better yet the idiotic English crowd boo's Hughes for standing his crowd.

Bet Ponting gets a poor LBW decision in a few moments.

Redbacks

International Captain
Strauss didn't catch that, although he seemed to genuinely think he had.

It's still all coming up England big time this morning, a wicket off a no-ball and a catch that hit the ground.
will be a perfect diversion for the loss I guess. I guess now is the time for CA to announce Johnson has a sore ..... before the next test.

sephiroth123

Cricket Spectator
Got to admit that does look not out, so both your wickets could be argued as being somewhat unlucky to be out,still thats the way it goes.

I'm keepnig an eye on the radar, there are a lot of showers about today,weak one not far from coming through now though it may not be quite heavy enough to force them off, will have to see. Heaviest showers both north and south of Lonon.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cue Ponting to be given LBW off an inside edge to complete the 'referrals/no-ball Hawkeye would have saved them' trifecta.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Absolute bull****. That's two wickets now that shouldn't have been out. The first one not being caught was one thing but that not being referred even when he stood his ground beggars belief.
Yeah fine him for standing his ground but if hes risking that surely you can refer it. ****ing ridiculous.

Spoils any English victory these poor decisions. All the lucks going to them, the rain in the first Test and now some uneven umpiring.