• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
The man best suited to dead-batting for two days out already, can't see a loss being averted here.

Wish we had Gillespie.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If there is a time for Ponting to play a captains knock, it's now.
Nah, it was Old Trafford 2005. It required one hell of a performance, and quite a bit of rain, to save that game; it requires an even bigger amount of both today (and tomorrow). Any sensational knock in this innings will almost certainly be wasted.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez, this is going to be hard enough without the umpires missing total no balls like the one Flintoff delivered for the Katich wicket. :(

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
No real dispute that the bowling hasn't quite been there in this Test. They deserve some emnity for conceding 450, sure. But, for me, the batting is a far, far larger problem.

What to do? Not sure yet. Will rest, for me, on what they do today and tomorrow.

I'm wondering whether what we are witnessing is a group of players who just have no idea of how to dig in and fight it out. Is this the result of so many years of success? Have we bred a generation of players with no fight? Seems even Katich is losing his fighting qualities :@

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jeez, this is going to be hard enough without the umpires missing total no balls like the one Flintoff delivered for the Katich wicket. :(
Oh well, we were denied the wickets of Trescothick and Vaughan in 2005 thanks to no-balls. :dry: