• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really excited to see how Australia plays in these first 20 overs or so, will they go for it?
Should just play the ball IMO. Only way that makes any sense.

This match is not under any non-seriously-rain-affected circumstances going to be drawn. If Australia bat crazily well they'll win; otherwise England will.

pup11

International Coach
Good to hear likes of Clarke still feeling that they can win this, because there is no point in batting just to save the test, its a long shot, but not impossible, with a possible 180 overs left in the game, if Australia bat through all those overs and bat decently, then they might find themselves very close to the target.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should just play the ball IMO. Only way that makes any sense.

This match is not under any non-seriously-rain-affected circumstances going to be drawn. If Australia bat crazily well they'll win; otherwise England will.
Playing the ball to me would mean that they are going for it, the run rate is low if they play naturally they'll get there if they don't lose the wickets. I was more implying whether or not they dead bat it.

pup11

International Coach
We need rain.
We need a good start.
We need batsmen getting centuries.
We need luck.
We need more rain.
We need Broad to bowl lots of overs.
We need more rain.

Hoping Hughes and Katich ton up, then Ponting and Hussey ton up. I seriously think we can do it.
Wouldn't hurt either if Freddie's knee starts troubling him.

pup11

International Coach
Yes and it'll be their downfall. If they deadbatted for two days they could easily draw it, IMO.
Nah, I think they just need to bat normally and flush out the thought that they have a target of 522 and they need to bat for two days to save this test or how they batted in the 1st innings, because if they get too negative, then they might just dig themselves into a hole, and allow the English bowlers to get on top of them.

EDIT: Damn it, Katich gone....