• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My action

slowfinger

International Debutant
My action (a slow yet rather floaty off-spin) is like Monty Panesar with his arm thing(where he rises his arms to his chest before the delivery stride) but on the delivery stride like Harbhajan Singh ( with the wierdarm thingy).

It spins alot but demands control, sometimes it just sits into the pitch, but on a rather damp wicket i can spin it from middle stump to outside leg stump to the right hander, sometimes rather annoying :unsure:

I rely on angle to get any wickets with right handers and same with lefties, but it is easier to get lefties due to loopy spin( encouraging the charge) but with right handers, it seems like they can easily defend me and get the odd boundary.

What can I do with the right hander to get him out??

Tom M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Two pieces of advice: if they're blocking you, what's the problem? You're not going for runs, eventually batsmen will get fed up and go for the big swing.

If you get bored of batsmen blocking you, having a think about working on a slightly quicker, flatter ball or a much quicker arm ball. Both will keep the batsmen guessing and add variation to your bowling.

Good luck.

slowfinger

International Debutant
I tried to bowl a quicker ball at a match I played today at a tailender-he just stood there, I appealed-out! It was a middle stump half volley.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Even Tailenders can give me a swipe? Oh yeah I forgot to mention, the bloke at the other end hit me for 6.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Today I played a match and took 2 wickets but I got hit for LOADS of runs, the runs I really want to stop...

kevinpietersen

School Boy/Girl Captain
Don't bother trying to get wickets leave that to the faster seam bowlers. What you have to do is just stop the batsmen from getting runs. When you can do that then you can go for the wickets.
Hope it helps

slowfinger

International Debutant
Don't bother trying to get wickets leave that to the faster seam bowlers. What you have to do is just stop the batsmen from getting runs. When you can do that then you can go for the wickets.
Hope it helps
Thanks but I am normally there for getting a few wickets against tailenders or stopping the RR against the good batsmen