• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
Finally Siddle got justice for his good bowling and not Johnson. Finally KP ran out of luck and finally Haddin did something decent with the gloves this match. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pietersen gone, disagree with the commentators that the RR will be slowed by that, Prior and then Flintoff know how to hit them
Just have to hope they manage to. Will be disappointed if we get less than 3.5-an-over for the remainder of this evening.
KP looks in bad shape doesn't he?
Yeah, as I said earlier, since the Second Test in WI, he's looked bad to me.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Could be an important innings in the context of the series though, Pietersen getting some time out in the middle and batting back into a semblance of form by the end of it.
I'm hoping that might be the case... whether it is remains to be seen, but I've seen such a thing not happen as often as I've seen it happen.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Collingwood looks so much better coming down the track and hitting over mid-off or the bowler's head, rather than over mid-on.

pup11

International Coach
Would be pretty interesting to see how the Australian camp looks at things from here on, they would have close to 2 days to bat, and that's really a long, long time to bat to save a test, last time around that Australia faced a similar situation was at Mohali, where they were set 550 odd to win, and surprisingly they went out trying to chase those runs down on that occasion and self-destructed in no time, wonder what their tactics would be this time around..?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Collingwood looks so much better coming down the track and hitting over mid-off or the bowler's head, rather than over mid-on.
Against the ball turning into him? Yoravvinalaff.

Collingwood's speciality is the loft over mid-on with the spin. Not quite so keen on him trying it against the spin but have still seen him nail it many times.