• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

pup11

International Coach
LOL... Warne giving Bopara a rap about being a good player of spin then next ball... GONE!

Hauritz has impressed me, TBH. Has outbowled Graeme Swann in this series.
Hold your horses mate, Swann is going to bowl on day 4 and 5 pitch here, and if he still doesn't win the game for his side, then we can come out and make statements like these.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jeez. We're getting hit by a Hauricane.

In other news, Shane Warne doesn't understand the "add 20 runs + 2 wickets" thing. It's not a measure of where the match is, it's a demonstration of where the match could be.
Probably the difference between Warne and us mere mortals. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If anything, all we heard before the series started was exactly the opposite of that.
Yeah, and the fact that that was based on completely sound principle - Swann is a miles better bowler than Hauritz - means that the fact that it still can't come true tends to suggest there's some sort of deeper malaise there. Fate is disallowing what should happen by right. 8-)

(Yeah, obviously I'm being sarcastic - it's just annoying when England can't even turn their superior skills into superior performance)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not getting all these eyerolls regarding Hauritz. Is he not allowed to put the ball in the right areas and take wickets?
It's annoying that he happens to do it now, having never ever looked remotely like doing it ever before.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Hold your horses mate, Swann is going to bowl on day 4 and 5 pitch here, and if he still doesn't win the game for his side, then we can come out and make statements like these.
So you think that a wicketless Graeme Swann has outbowled Nathan Hauritz in this series thus far?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's annoying that he happens to do it now, having never ever looked remotely like doing it ever before.
Only person I know who finds it annoying when someone does well who "shouldn't", not because they play for the opposition but because it doesn't conform to their worldview. I wonder whether you actually like cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only person I know who finds it annoying when someone does well who "shouldn't", not because they play for the opposition but because it doesn't conform to their worldview.
Yeah I know - I don't do bias towards certain teams and many people don't understand that.

And yeah I hate it when crap players suddenly become slightly-less-crap players - especially when people have been wrongly claiming they weren't crap ITFP. And especially when it isn't likely to last very long.

And yes, I do like cricket, I just don't conform to certain stereotypes.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just woke up. Why are England batting? On what logic?
Bright and sunny in the morning session on a flat pitch and the Australian tail played comfortably. If England sent Australia back in and they got off to a good start, it could turn around pretty fast with bad weather forecast later in the test. Batting again was the safer option in terms of not losing the match, basically. The result is in England's hands.

pup11

International Coach
So you think that a wicketless Graeme Swann has outbowled Nathan Hauritz in this series thus far?
Yeah he has, but Swann has just bowled in one innings so far, but with the ball turning and bouncing on day 3 for Horrie, Swann too should enjoy bowling on this track, and might very well have the last laugh, if he spins his team to a victory in this game.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And yeah I hate it when crap players suddenly become slightly-less-crap players - especially when people have been wrongly claiming they weren't crap ITFP. And especially when it isn't likely to last very long.
Just don't understand that and doubt I'll agree even if I did.