• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
I don't know why, but this from Cricinfo just made me giggle;

Nearly choked on a Tic Tac just now. Massive fail

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
LOL... Warne giving Bopara a rap about being a good player of spin then next ball... GONE!

Hauritz has impressed me, TBH. Has outbowled Graeme Swann in this series.

pup11

International Coach
Pietersen has not had the best of records in the subcontinent. Reserve comment on Bopara though.
Though this isn't being played in the sub-continet, while playing in England conditions, KP has taken even the likes of Murali to the cleaners.

EDIT: As I type this, Muttiah Hauritz takes his third wicket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haurits now has the best career bowling average out of everyone in this Test.

(min 20 wickets).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We really have applied ourselves poorly since Lunch. We are in danger of completely ballsing this up.
Even we should struggle to avoid victory from here... but what I was really hoping for was a proper, sound performance that erased memories of the first-innings letdown.

Not forthcoming so far.

tooextracool

International Coach
Apart from the two in at the moment.
Bopara is yet to show that he is a good player of spin. Would say Collingwood is a good player of spin and Prior is arguably the best player of spin in the England side. The rest however(Cook, Strauss, Flintoff) are rubbish.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not getting all these eyerolls regarding Hauritz. Is he not allowed to put the ball in the right areas and take wickets?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jeez. We're getting hit by a Hauricane.

In other news, Shane Warne doesn't understand the "add 20 runs + 2 wickets" thing. It's not a measure of where the match is, it's a demonstration of where the match could be.

tooextracool

International Coach
Nah, Swann's English. England spinners aren't allowed to outbowl Australian ones. 8-)
Tbf to Hauritz, hes bowled pretty well today. Definitely improved recently. Still dont think hes test class though and England need to stop poking around against him and play aggressively against him.