• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Jakester1288

International Regular
Geez. You don't see Ponting put many down. What is with the fingers pointing up around his knees/shins?

Hoping that doesn't become crucial in this match, but Bopara and Pietersen don't look too good at the moment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wow, England could have been 4 out. Can't believe Punter dropped that.

Siddle is so unlucky.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ponting: Omitting a 3rd man since 2003/04
Fix'd. Ponting didn't take the captaincy in 2005. Anyway, Ponting is the same as EVERY OTHER ****ING CAPTAIN in failing to realise that third-man is one of the most important fielding positions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's basically pointless to try and explain to Richard how spinners can get wickets without turning every delivery square; I've been here before. He'll tell you that variations in flight and pace without much turn merely make batsmen look awkward without ever getting them out.. and if you bring it up when such things do indeed take a wicket, he'll just criticise the batsman who got out.
I won't say they won't ever get them out, just that when they do get them out it's poor batting not good bowling.

If you look deep enough you can credit a bowler for any wicket - people try to do so quite a bit. Myself, I say there are some things you cannot expect to be a good batsman without being expected to deal with, and a 50mph ball that doesn't turn is one such thing.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I feel Siddle's anger and disappointment from the comfort of my bed. Well, I feel his disappointment and how unlucky he is, but from his reactions, I barely have a patch on his anger.

JF.

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fix'd. Ponting didn't take the captaincy in 2005. Anyway, Ponting is the same as EVERY OTHER ****ING CAPTAIN in failing to realise that third-man is one of the most important fielding positions.

LOL fair enough. I just know that we leaked about 1000 runs at 3rd man in 2005 and it was extremely annoying.

As is the fact that my net connection has dropped out about 1000 times this evening :@

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
God, that drop is huge in the context of the game.

All three Australian bowlers since lunch have been excellent. Ponting not so much unfortunately.