• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Have a look at the seam angle, was never going to spin because he undercut that one more than he usually does, that's why it skidded on.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's the Huh for now? Straight ball that Cook missed - gifted another wicket. Yet again nothing bowling pays-off for Hauritz.
Spoken like a true medium pacer.

I rate Hauritz just as lowly as you do (if that's even possible) and I cringe whenever he takes a wicket, but that was a good piece of bowling. He set him up with some "flighted" (well, flighted by Hauritz standards, anyway) off breaks, and then pushed through the flatter arm-ball/undercutter at Cook's front pad - which is a known technical weakness. You have to give him credit for that one, IMO.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would you believe it?

At least that was good bowling - first time he's taken a wicket with good bowling this series.

Sam Handwich

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hauritz is one of he best things about the Aussie bowling attack. I don't know why some people think its such a good idea to drop him for McDonald. I think he is just aces :)

biased indian

International Coach
2 centuries from captain and winning the test would be nice....but ideally England should get bowled out around 225-250..so that Australia will have no positive thought about the pitch :)

Edit he is gone any way

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Have a look at the seam angle, was never going to spin because he undercut that one more than he usually does, that's why it skidded on.
Yes, and batsmen should be capable of playing balls that don't turn. Reply to what I've said rather than what you'd like me to have said.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I love the 3rd man from Sky.

Both wickets were good bowling from Hauritz, set them up well, knew what he was doing with both. Give credit where credit is due, and now it's due.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Spoken like a true medium pacer.

I rate Hauritz just as lowly as you do (if that's even possible) and I cringe whenever he takes a wicket, but that was a good piece of bowling. He set him up with some "flighted" (well, flighted by Hauritz standards, anyway) off breaks, and then pushed through the flatter arm-ball/undercutter at Cook's front pad - which is a known technical weakness. You have to give him credit for that one, IMO.
Did you really cringe when he got Strauss out?