• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Was also impressed with Nathan Hauritz, when he was struck by the ball, I thought that was the end of the game for him, but he showed some character coming back on the field on the last session, hopefully he would be okay to bowl today.
Best result is for Hauritz to remain on the field today and not bowl at all.

Can only imagine his finger is swelled, and sore as buggery. The way Australia has been batting, he may have a good opportunity to put his feet up for two days and let the swelling go down.

Will be a massive shot to the already limited confidence of Hauritz, he is no use to the Australian cause if his only bowling contribution is to bowl darts.

91Jmay

International Coach
Pretty even days play to be honest. If Eng get 450 - 500 i'd be happy, because the pitch isn't as placid as it was made out to be.

Redbacks

International Captain
Incidentally, annoys the piss out of me how often the commentators have commented here and in Cardiff about how Johnson arrived there with 'a big reputation', like he's the first bowler to go on tour and struggle. Waqar Younis lobbed here in '96 with a huge rep and struggled (and he, at least, had the benefit of a previous tour here) but it didn't make people start questioning whether he was any good. Grinds my gears.

He's clearly out-of-sorts and, as I've said earlier, he's still taking wickets whilst bowling a lot of tosh and England better hope he doesn't get it right.
Totally agree, I suppose evidence so far has shown he doesn't get it all right all that often. I have a few memories of his balls down leg never or wide not getting punished in RSA, probably because he was bowling at altitude and the batsmen were scared ****less at times. On the current wickets the batter probably has time to play 2 shots to a delivery and he hasn't been able to intimidate thus far.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Incidentally, annoys the piss out of me how often the commentators have commented here and in Cardiff about how Johnson arrived there with 'a big reputation', like he's the first bowler to go on tour and struggle. Waqar Younis lobbed here in '96 with a huge rep and struggled (and he, at least, had the benefit of a previous tour here) but it didn't make people start questioning whether he was any good. Grinds my gears.
I know exactly where you're coming from, but I'm not sure that's really what's meant (reluctant though I am to go into bat for the majority of cricket commentators that we have to put up with). I don't think anyone here seriously doubts that Johnson is an excellent bowler, and equally I think that everyone's aware that he's operating well below his usual standard atm. There may also be an element of us Poms struggling to believe our luck; usually it's our Great Fast Bowling Hope that turns up to the Ashes and gets humiliated.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed. On the last day of the Cardiff Test, we invited some friends round for a barbecue, and as it turned out over half of them were of the antipodean variety. Part of the reason why the Anglo-Aussie rivalry is so brilliant is that we're basically good mates. Simon Barnes wrote a brilliant article about this in The Times the other day.

Pchah, WTF was I talking about?

****ing ******* convict ******s; ****ing "Spirit of Cricket" **** *** **** Gary Pratt ***** so **** off back to Sydney you *****s.

pasag

RTDAS
Really need the Prince to step up today and secure the draw, lose a few early wickets and it could be Mohali all over again.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
North, in between beginning sentences to Nasser with "Look..." in a rather aggressive manner, suggests Hauritz might be fit to bowl.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Waqar was proven over 4 years though; Johnson has been over 4-5 months. It's not quite the same thing.