• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really didn't want the thread to get side-tracked into pointlessness. I really wish people wouldn't quote Richards replies to me.

This has been an utterly **** final session, as depressing as I can remember, other team down to three bowlers, utterly flat pitch and we've totallly thrown it away.

Sorry if that's negative, but that's the way I feel about it. The pitch will just get slower and slower and we're going to have to watch the Aussie rack up another 600+:@

.matt

School Boy/Girl Captain
You might do... you might not, who knows. We've scored at a reasonable rate and we're on our way to a decent total.. If we bowl well, this might not be too bad. It's not like we're going to be out for 250 and we're out of the game.
Yeah if you guys can get Katich early it really is an uphill battle tbh. I think 375+ is almost guranteed though tbh. We have enough quality to get that. England will have to be very very good to stop us from getting about that.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically that while he believes Bopara has the talent to succeed, he's temperamentally fragile and too easy to put off his game at this stage of his career.
Yup... thought it was the bit about how Ravi signed autographs at Essex for ages as if he was a superstar where Nasser looked particularly murderous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
People are talking like 600 is a given that happens all the time... sure, we'd like a few less wickets down, but it's hardly a total disaster. We can easily win from here still.
Good batting would've seen 600 against bowling that has occasionally produced a pearler, but has mostly been wayward and unthreatening.

The reason it doesn't happen very often with England is because England often bat inadequately.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Warne is a good commentator, love listening to him.

Great captains knock by Strauss, kept out the good balls and gave the bad ones (which were plentiful at times) a good whack to the boundary. Lets get the lower order out quickly, want to be batting early tomorrow to have a shot with the rain forcast.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't see why Broad can't score a big one if he knuckles down, especially with only three tired bowlers.
There's no reason at all. Broad doesn't knuckle down all that often though, and I certainly don't expect him to do so here.

As for Strauss, England can as I said earlier be very grateful for those 3 let-offs Australia gave him, as we'd be in real, real trouble if he'd been out for 48 or 52. Wonder if he can filch a double-century from here?

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Good batting would've seen 600 against bowling that has occasionally produced a pearler, but has mostly been wayward and unthreatening.

The reason it doesn't happen very often with England is because England often bat inadequately.
16 times in the last 30 years... that's one innings every couple of seasons. I really don't think it's that easy to get 600 against any reasonably decent attack, which this one is... even if it's not fantastic.

tooextracool

International Coach
Forgotten about how much Strauss loves this ground. Well played to him, played to his strengths as usual even if Australia helped him out considerably with that. Strauss is one of the worst players to let get settled because invariably he scores a 100.