• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lords

Pizzorno

State Vice-Captain
Can any Australian answer a question without saying "Awwwww look"? They must have been Shane Warne's first words given how many times he says it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
two to tango, the bowling has been sub standard with a lack of plan B
Well Hilfenhaus and Siddle have been bowling pretty well for the most part and taken no wickets. The only difference Australia can make is how quickly they concede their runs. Admittedly, they're not doing much of a job of it.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You must be really enjoying Test Cricket when it's played on pitches like this, because it resembles how boring and pointless a game of soccer generally is. I mean none of the bigger countries like soccer, that's why the biggest soccer league in the world is held in England. England created cricket, but yet the IPL is held in India, which is a much bigger country then England. Can't see a bigger country wanting to host soccer anytime soon.
Ugh, so dire, but don't want to clutter a matchday thread. Take it to OT dude.

ripper868

International Coach
Lol at Ben

England looking good for 400 at the moment, need hilfy to produce something special, hoping that Ponting bowls him more than in Cardiff.

In other news, my brother is at this game, the bastard.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I mean none of the bigger countries like soccer, that's why the biggest soccer league in the world is held in England. England created cricket, but yet the IPL is held in India, which is a much bigger country then England. Can't see a bigger country wanting to host soccer anytime soon.
I don't understand this post Ben, and if you're being ironic and I've missed it then I apologise. Soccer/football is as popular as ever pretty much everywhere - countries big and small fall over themselves to host the World Cup. I'm not sure what you mean by "bigger countries" because whether it's size (Russia) or population (China) the world's biggest countries are all over the sport.

A bit OT here, so let's get back to what's passing for the cricket, but I really didn't understand this post at all.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not Pre-cam IMHO. Has made me laugh three times already which is approximately three more times then Pre-cam....

Redbacks

International Captain
Well Hilfenhaus and Siddle have been bowling pretty well for the most part and taken no wickets. The only difference Australia can make is how quickly they concede their runs. Admittedly, they're not doing much of a job of it.
I was thinking the bowlers should have attempted to bowl a few overs around the wicket. There was just too many balls being left alone. Perhaps, the change of angle might have forced the openers to play more shots early on in their innings before batting became real easy.

simmy

International Regular
Elated and England's start but the pitches could really ruin this series.

Having said that... 2005 had flat decks but the bowling from both sides was in a different class.