• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hopefully Melbourne can win two more games.

Would like pick #2 or #3 instead of Melb getting the priority pick.

I honestly hate Port Adelaide btw. Spineless ****.

cameeel

International Captain
Code:
[B][U][I]CW Tipping '09 - Round 15[/I][/U][/B]

Cameeel - 86
Simon - 85
Pasag - 85
James90 - 84
Jono - 84
Clapo - 83
SuperKD - 82  
Sam_Vimes - 82
Voltman - 82 
Alternative - 81
BoyBrumby - 81
Howardj - 80
Sir B.I - 80
Ausage - 77
Heath DS - 75
DCYE - 74
NewZT - 73
MikeW - 72
Vic_Orthodox - 70
Josh - 69
Hoggy - 65
. High score for Round 15 was 7/8 by Howardj, who missed out only on the Demons

. Cameeel moves into top spot for the first time in '09, displacing Simon

. Voltman tips 6 and jumps into the top 10 at the expense of BoyBrumby

. No tips from vic_orthodox

howardj

International Coach
. High score for Round 15 was 7/8 by Howardj, who missed out only on the Demons

. Cameeel moves into top spot for the first time in '09, displacing Simon

. Voltman tips 6 and jumps into the top 10 at the expense of BoyBrumby

. No tips from vic_orthodox
I'm storming home like the Demons, and like Benny Cousins.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pears is a gun, but you know damn well he's not going to beat Rich.

I already have a fortune on Rich, and I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't win it. He was b.o.g vs. Geelong.
Yeah, Rich will win.

Otten would be ahead of Pears anyway I'd expect. Has done more in basically every statistical category, in a team that has won more games, and consistently for the whole season. Rich has been the stand-out first year player in the comp this season though, and plays a more glamourous game.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Struggling big time now, almost went Collingwood but changed my mind. Also tipping Freo probably not my brightest moment of the season.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, Rich will win.

Otten would be ahead of Pears anyway I'd expect. Has done more in basically every statistical category, in a team that has won more games, and consistently for the whole season. Rich has been the stand-out first year player in the comp this season though, and plays a more glamourous game.
Yeah Otten is ahead of Pears, but not the better player (right now anyway).

Great pick-up from Adelaide though. So consistent on half-back.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Rich will win.

Statistics are overrated, there is more to the game than that. Pears playing the hardest possie on the ground is proving you can attack from defense whilst stopping your opponent. Pears has beaten big names like Fev, Anthony, Pavlich, Walker (young gun), Kosi, Bradshaw... rarely beaten and hates when he is.

Ottens may get more stats but i believe Pears influences games more.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
#7 draft pick is always the best from memory.

Would be interested in seeing statistics on how many #7 draft picks have won the Rising Star tbh.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Rich
Palmer
Selwood
Ryder
Lewis
Mackie
Hale
Carr
Massie
Cameron

Less impressive in the earlier years and a few misses with the likes of Tenace, Roach and Angwin in recent years, but pretty damn awesome overall.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Statistics are overrated, there is more to the game than that. Pears playing the hardest possie on the ground is proving you can attack from defense whilst stopping your opponent. Pears has beaten big names like Fev, Anthony, Pavlich, Walker (young gun), Kosi, Bradshaw... rarely beaten and hates when he is.

Ottens may get more stats but i believe Pears influences games more.
Meh, kind of a pointless debate since Rich is going to win the award. Obviously statistics aren't everything, but Otten's ball use and composure down back for a player his age is exceptional, and he's averaging 19 disposals a game and is right up there for marks and rebound 50s for the Crows as well. He's less accountable week to week to a direct opponent than Pears though, simply because he has Bock and Rutten down there as well, so it's hard to compare them directly in that regard. Some weeks he'll be tied to a direct opponent and some weeks he'll be more of a loose defender, basically what Bassett was doing until this season.

In terms of "attacking from defence" as you put it, I'd argue that the stats are relevant and that Otten's had more of an impact on games. He had almost 30 disposals on the weekend, albeit against terrible opposition, and had a direct hand in a number of goal scoring opportunities as well as the defensive work he did. That's why he'd be ahead in terms of winning the award IMO. Getting the ball = more visible, regardless of impact.

Anyway, if Pears wins the Rising Star I'll eat my hat. It'll be Rich.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hopefully Melbourne can win two more games.

Would like pick #2 or #3 instead of Melb getting the priority pick.
For this reason I hope we don't win any more games. Adding two top 3 kids to our already gun kids will seriously put us in a great position. We've been so poor for the last 3 years I'd take another 6 games or so of punishment if it benefitted us seriously in the long run.

cameeel

International Captain
For this reason I hope we don't win any more games. Adding two top 3 kids to our already gun kids will seriously put us in a great position. We've been so poor for the last 3 years I'd take another 6 games or so of punishment if it benefitted us seriously in the long run.
100% agree with this, whilst it'd be nice to finish above the bottom two for the first time in a while, the long term prospects of the club are certainly far better should be manage to do a Carlton and get picks #1 and #2/#3/

From what I saw of the U/18 Championships, a Scully or Morabito could be a good replacement for Bruce, particularly Scully had pretty impressive skills for a 17 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.