• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would love to know why Thompson played Lonergan on Brown, when Harry Taylor didn't exactly embarrass himself on Riewoldt last week, keeping him quiet at times.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Harry Taylor carrying a concussion maybe? Probably the biggest thing was giving Lonergan the test of playing down back if someone went down in the finals.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Actually I did forget about Taylor's concussion. Good point.

Tough night for Lonergan.

Selwood also got a touch-up from Black. Hopefully he learns from that, because he could become that great man within the next decade.

And Rich, what more needs to be said. Put $500 on him at $1.80 for the Rising Star about 3 weeks back. Love him to bits. Should get the award solely for his courage last week tbh.

Craig

World Traveller
Even as a rugby league fan I could tell the umpiring was rubbish in the Brisbane - Geelong game. Now that is sad.

Craig

World Traveller
Should be a great game.

Carlton Richmond very scrappy as could be expected with the weather. The wind playing shenanigans all day and neither side adapting too well. Judd's been on fire since the very first second.
Enjoyed it quite a lot and it is the best game of AFL I have been to live. Will be watching more as a result. But how good was Daniel Rich?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Went to the Swans game today. They were pretty ordinary. Just simple skill errors and not enough time when delivering into the 50.

Redbacks

International Captain
Enjoyed it quite a lot and it is the best game of AFL I have been to live. Will be watching more as a result. But how good was Daniel Rich?
The result was good but it also would have been good to see the Cats in full flight with Ablett in the team. I can remember the pleasure of watching the lions during their three flags play a fair few times at Docklands. Was brilliant to watch, Voss, Lappin, Black, Aker, Power, Brown, Lynch, Bradshaw, Lepper running the ball out of defense, Daryl White. Just awesome to watch the best teams in the comp play.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Another sh*tty 4th quarter fadeout, gash.

Still Liam Anthony:wub:

Levi Greenwood, played in the VFL yesterday and the AFL today, nice effort

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
cue another Caroline Wilson article attacking Brayshaw, suggesting that the club has no future, and that they were fools not to go to the Gold Coast - while sheeting it all home to cultural attitudes from the time of Wayne Carey...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
BTW put a tenner on Pears for the rising star, absolute gun back averaging 15 possies from Full back, rarely beaten and oozes composure.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BTW put a tenner on Pears for the rising star, absolute gun back averaging 15 possies from Full back, rarely beaten and oozes composure.
Pears is a gun, but you know damn well he's not going to beat Rich.

I already have a fortune on Rich, and I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't win it. He was b.o.g vs. Geelong.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
cue another Caroline Wilson article attacking Brayshaw, suggesting that the club has no future, and that they were fools not to go to the Gold Coast - while sheeting it all home to cultural attitudes from the time of Wayne Carey...
If she has any sense she'll be keeping quiet about us...I mean the last time she opened her mouth about us it was to suggest that Mazda would be stopping sponsoring us after this year, and they've just signed on for another 2 years at an increased rate.

But then she managed to go from suggesting that the Arden Street redevelopment was a pipe dream to giving us sh*t for asking for an advance because the development would be finished earlier than scheduled.

Would love to hear what she comes up with if we sign Buckley.

Status
Not open for further replies.