• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well, I'm calling that our session.

By my reckoning, it's 4-3 to the crims on sessions so far in the match

ripper868

International Coach
Now this is a good idea! :D

Better change the topic before people start bringing the off topic banners out, er, so how about that cricket stuff hey, maiden from Monty
haha, good point, has been a while since i've been in this area of CW, seems only the ashes gets my cricket juices flowing these days.

ripper868

International Coach
Well, I'm calling that our session.

By my reckoning, it's 4-3 to the crims on sessions so far in the match
Yeah definetly England morning, long way to go here though for the poms, though the session score may be 4-3, Australias 4 have been more dominate than englands 3 imo.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
this one's a draw boys, going to take something exceptional for a victory for Australia, can't see England taking this one from here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't get why all of these commentators are saying that the 1st new ball didn't swing when it did? :huh:
In this innings?

Yeah definetly England morning, long way to go here though for the poms, though the session score may be 4-3, Australias 4 have been more dominate than englands 3 imo.
Hmm, 3 of the 4 maybe, but the 3rd session on Wednesday, I gave that to Oz, but it was very much our session until about 15 mins from the end

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In this innings?

Hmm, 3 of the 4 maybe, but the 3rd session on Wednesday, I gave that to Oz, but it was very much our session until about 15 mins from the end
This was England's session, but I think marginally.

In the context of the game, they needed either another wicket or 20-30 less runs. Lead down to <100 now. They tend to evaporate quickly when that happens.

Presumably it'll be Flintoff & Anderson again after lunch?

Steulen

International Regular
This England attack seems able to create some pressure, but unable to sustain it. Too many four balls and not enough venom all in all. Both Anderson and Flintoff are capable of brutal balls but not consistently, Swann apparently has continued being disappointing today, and Braod and Panesar are simply not good enough atm.

It just takes Clarke and one of the four others with batting ability (North, Haddin, Johnson, Hauritz) to really get going and Australia could build a big lead here.