• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think Brumby means that he only moved the ball away from the right-hander, and in to the left. Largely true.
Yes, this. His off-cutter was his variation.

The way he was dumped does look rather harsh, especially with the patience shown to other underperforming seamers, but he was never a fashionable cricketer, really.

inbox24

International Debutant
Yesssssss, Broad isn't injured. Big sigh of relief for those supporting Australia.
Amen. I certainly hope England don't change their bowling attack through the series.

Hoping for double double centuries today, grind them into the dust.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Swann should have taken the ball instead of Broad for the first over IMO. Get the spinners overs in while you can before the new ball comes and the pacers are fresh and ready to bowl. Then bring the spinners back when the ball has worn out a bit and the pacers had a go.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So want us still batting at stumps tonight. If we have a few in the shed then, we'll just about be the only side which can win.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mike Selvey once made the point and it's times like these I see what he meant: Broad is deceptively slow. He's up over 90mph on the gun, but Katich not inconvenienced even slightly.

Speed gun speed overrated IMHO.

Redbacks

International Captain
Just think almost 200 runs ago Freddie was counting his chickens before they hatched :laugh: He and Swann officially in the Piccione sqaud!