• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit of a mow there from Punter. Decided it's all a bit too easy, obviously.

EDIT: Whilst this is painful, can console myself that at least we haven't had to enjoy Hughes for the last 140+ runs. Been solid, watchful, proper batting. Grudging respect and all that.
You'd be hoping KP is watching as Ponting eloquently demonstrates the difference between the two of them, wouldn't you?

150 partnership up now. Great stuff here.

People bag Ponting's captaincy for not ringing enough changes when things aren't happening, but this just demonstrates how hard it is for a skipper on a flat deck with good players in when you aren't in possession of great bowlers.

Last edited:

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Been treated to a Ricky Ponting masterclass. Great stuff from one of the finest batsman to have ever played the game.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
****. Anderson somehow got that one to deviate from the straight! He should try to do that regularly. :dry:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, nothing worse than ending the day with Ponting walking off on a not-out hundred and a smug grin on his face. Come on boys.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well so far, as i feared all the crazy talk about Cardiff being a sub-continent turner clearly hasn't been the case.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha, called it when I first saw Ponting play a few good shots that he'll ton up. Should've posted it here. Now let's see if I've just jinxed him.